Xmas party suit help

Watch
fresh363
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 years ago
I have a work christmas party coming up and I'd like to be looking fresh for a change.

I have a suit and a tie which I'm considering wearing but I'd like some help on a few questions. The suit will not be changed but the tie is up for swap.

Firstly this is the suit and tie so far:

ImageImage

Is the tie colour a good idea? I would also like to acquire a pocket square, any recommendations? Which tie/pocket combos would you recommend?

I understand that the shirt is not ideal as it isn't visible at the cuff so I will be purchasing a new white shirt to fit better with the suit. Any recommendations for a work/dinner shirt (in white)?

My last question is this: Can socks match the tie/pocket square for example or should it be the same colour as the trousers? I will be wearing smart black shoes and belt if this contributes at all.

I'm not overflowing in cash so could any recommendations remain within reason.

I should also mention that I was being lazy in the photo and will have the button done up and tie looking smart on the night.

Thanks in advance.
Attached files
CatnipGlows
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
I think the tie looks good with the suit/shirt, it all fits well
Although I'd recommend wearing socks the same colour as your trousers, you don't want people to be judging you on your sock colour..

What other ties were you considering?
fresh363
Rep:
?
I have a regal purple and orange tie which I've considered. If I wore the orange tie I'd probably go for a patterned shirt instead of the plain white.

Thoughts?

Thanks for your comment.
fresh363
Rep:
?
Sorry I should clarify that the regal purple and orange are separate ties. Not one tie haha.
Narcissist
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
I prefer a plain black sock with a suit. I know some people like something a bit more interesting but to me it distracts the eye.

Don't match the pocket square directly to the tie, it can look quite cheap. If you're tight on money a plain white is probably your best bet. With a patterned tie a patterned pocket square looks quite busy.

Also be sure to wear a belt and lengthen the tie slightly!
MNITJC
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
is that carpet in your bathroom?!

Posted from TSR Mobile
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How do you prefer to get careers advice?

I like to speak to my friends and family (23)
10.09%
I like to do my own research online using careers specific websites (135)
59.21%
I like speaking to the careers advisors at school, college or uni (32)
14.04%
I prefer to listen watch videos or listen to podcasts of people in my chosen career (33)
14.47%
Something else (let us know in the thread) (5)
2.19%

Watched Threads