Is pork good for you? Watch

I'm a BUFF Yout
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
why? i'm not trying to be facetious or anything
But i don't see the logic:
Pigs will eat any kind of food and are omnivores, including dead insects, worms, rotting carcasses, excreta including their own, garbage, and other pigs.
Pigs do not have sweat glands therfore toxins are not eliminated.

They make fine body disposal units.

I should know I used my pet pig to dispose of a dead body..

Eating pork is often a direct route to becoming infected with parasites. Pork often carries parasites, some of which can survive even the high temperatures of grilling.

their meat is said to taste similar to human flesh....disturbingly tasty!.

Pigs have been used for dissection in biology labs due to the similarity between their organs and human organs. People with insulin-dependent diabetes usually inject themselves with pig insulin.
Oh sorry I already said that part.
But they do:sexface:.

There are many diseases carried from swine to man, particularly parasite infestations.

Influenza (flu) is one of the most famous illnesses which pigs share with humans. This illness is harbored in the lungs of pigs during the summer months and tends to affect pigs and humans in the cooler months. Sausage contains bits of pigs' lungs, so those who eat pork sausage tend to suffer more during epidemics of influenza.
Professor Purple
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Your post is self explanatory bro.
I've never eaten pig due to religious reasons, which isnt allowed for the above mentioned reasons. I've never understood how people could eat it tbh.
lucaf
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by I'm a BUFF Yout)
why? i'm not trying to be facetious or anything
But i don't see the logic:
Pigs will eat any kind of food and are omnivores, including dead insects, worms, rotting carcasses, excreta including their own, garbage, and other pigs.
Pigs do not have sweat glands therfore toxins are not eliminated.

I should know I used my pet pig to dispose of a dead body..

Eating pork is often a direct route to becoming infected with parasites. Pork often carries parasites, some of which can survive even the high temperatures of grilling.

their meat is said to taste similar to human flesh....disturbingly tasty!.

Pigs have been used for dissection in biology labs due to the similarity between their organs and human organs. People with insulin-dependent diabetes usually inject themselves with pig insulin.
Oh sorry I already said that part.
But they do:sexface:.

There are many diseases carried from swine to man, particularly parasite infestations.

Influenza (flu) is one of the most famous illnesses which pigs share with humans. This illness is harbored in the lungs of pigs during the summer months and tends to affect pigs and humans in the cooler months. Sausage contains bits of pigs' lungs, so those who eat pork sausage tend to suffer more during epidemics of influenza.
Pork is fine. Sweat glands are not important for removing toxins from the body, that is all liver and kidney. The fact they eat anything is only important because it increases the risk of parasites, but that is basically eliminated in modern farming where they are just fed grain. While pigs are potentially a source of new flu strains, their meat is not.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you give blood?

Yes (31)
11.03%
I used to but I don't now (10)
3.56%
No, but I want to start (104)
37.01%
No, I am unable to (59)
21%
No, I chose not to (77)
27.4%