This discussion is closed.
Unregistered
Badges:
Report 16 years ago
Law at either Aber(AAB/ABB) or 160 ucas points for UWE Bristol
Unregistered
Badges:
Report 16 years ago
chemistry at -sheffield ABB(yr in oz) with a A in chem, or BBC/BCC (not sure which) will get me on the same course just no Oz!##

or warwick-they also offere me BBC. i had no lower offers.

lets just hope i get BBC
bloodhound
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
need AAB to go to nottingham for maths.

need AAB to go to cambridge to do maths in 2004. they said they gonna give me a plce this year if anyone messes up. but i dont care. dont wanna wait one year.
Rich
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
Imperial College London, A in maths, A in further maths, A in physics for Maths with Comp. Sci.
Unregistered
Badges:
Report 16 years ago
^^ harshness
Unregistered
Badges:
Report 16 years ago
law at merton college, oxford. AAB
Unregistered
Badges:
Report 16 years ago
Originally posted by bloodhound
need AAB to go to nottingham for maths.

need AAB to go to cambridge to do maths in 2004. they said they gonna give me a plce this year if anyone messes up. but i dont care. dont wanna wait one year.
crazy
bloodhound
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
i mean, nottingham in great!!!!
Unregistered
Badges:
Report 16 years ago
Originally posted by Unregistered
law at merton college, oxford. AAB
Hey congrats! Merton College, Oxford for Law is excellent!
Unregistered
Badges:
Report 16 years ago
Sussex, Media! Where have all the arty farty people gone :/
ickle_katy
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
Originally posted by helens
I am hopefully going to Cardiff to do Law and Politics I need BBB

Good Luck for those that are still doing Exams ( I finished today Q1 of the AQA Synoptic English Paper was a treat-makes a change). Anyway Fingers (and Toes) crossed for Results Day!!

if you come to cardiff you'll get the most horrible woman as one of your law lecturers, she taught me it for a level tis year and shes got her head so far up her own arse its rediculas, if she'd spent less time praising herself and more time teching we'd have got a lot more done!!!

but cardiffs a luvly place!!

love Katy ***
ickle_katy
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
durham-natural science need AAA in maths physics and psychology.

love Katy ***
elpaw
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
Did anyone get into Oxford to do physics?
Unregistered
Badges:
Report 16 years ago
medicine at University of Aberdeen , conditional offer ABB
Unregistered
Badges:
Report 16 years ago
ABB Imperial College for Medicine

Mr White - do u have MSN?
LH
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by Unregistered)
Sussex, Media! Where have all the arty farty people gone :/

What job can you actually get with a degree in Media Studies? It's hardly an academic subject and I have never seen a job advert calling for Media Graduates. If a Media Degree isn;t going to get you a decent job, why don't you get that job in McDonalds at 18 instead of waiting until you are 21?

'You say where have all the arty farty people gone' - they are probably doing Arts degrees with more security.
Expression
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by Lord Huntroyde)
What job can you actually get with a degree in Media Studies? It's hardly an academic subject and I have never seen a job advert calling for Media Graduates. If a Media Degree isn;t going to get you a decent job, why don't you get that job in McDonalds at 18 instead of waiting until you are 21?

'You say where have all the arty farty people gone' - they are probably doing Arts degrees with more security.
Hmm lets think, a media degree surprisingly can get you into well MEDIA !

Whether it be television broadcast media, radio, or journalism.

A media degree can offer opportunities in all of these fields, behind the scenes, for example at the BBC in the Gallery.

And the comment about McDonalds, is just plain abusive from some one that has only just done his GCSEs.
LH
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by Expression)
Hmm lets think, a media degree surprisingly can get you into well MEDIA !

Whether it be television broadcast media, radio, or journalism.

A media degree can offer opportunities in all of these fields, behind the scenes, for example at the BBC in the Gallery.

And the comment about McDonalds, is just plain abusive from some one that has only just done his GCSEs.
I happen to know someone who works for the BBC in Manchester, and the vast majority joined as apprentices or as experts in certain fields such as Computing graduates. The vast majority of journalists are English graduates or graduates in other subjects allied to those they work in.

He has never known anyone join who is a media graduate, nor can he see a job which a media graduate could do.

So basically, very few Media graduates are involved in the media, they are not needed. Alos, in recent studies, it was found that Media has one of the highest percentages of graduates who go into non-graduate jobs.

McDonald's in a non-graduate job, so I was merely giving an example.

Also, I have not just finished my GCSEs, I am halfway through them (dammit, that supports your arguement)

My school is one of the leading state schools in the North West and rest of England and we are not given Media Studis as an option at any time in the school as the teachers recognise that a very non-academic subject such as this one could hinder our progress into some of the better universities who appreciate proper academic subjects.
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Regarding Ofqual's most recent update, do you think you will be given a fair grade this summer?

Yes (209)
33.49%
No (415)
66.51%

Watched Threads