Your average ukip voter Watch

intelligent con
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
Here is a video of your average young ukip voter speaking out against the mainstream cartel of parties https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bRlyFaAadlI#t=393
Rakas21
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Spiffing.

How exciting, Hogweed and Pigeons.

:scrooge:
The Juan
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
I hope you do understand that was a joke, the guy is acting, you can tell from his voice. Ironic considering your name. You left wing loons are really scraping the bottom of the barrel if this is your offensive on UKIP hahaha
democracyforum
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
We need hundreds of millions of immigrants, simply because they do the jobs we don't want to do.

So what's the problem ?
matthewduncan
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
average ukip voter white and angry lol
yo radical one
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
This makes me more likely to vote UKIP, I always assumed UKIP voters were angry blue colour workers who hate immigrants
InnerTemple
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
I don't think anyone can be absolutely certain that the video is satire. It is quite reasonable to believe that UKIP have many supporters just like that.

(Original post by yo radical one)
This makes me more likely to vote UKIP, I always assumed UKIP voters were angry blue colour workers who hate immigrants
That's the other half. So far UKIP has managed to appeal to a fairly wide demographic. They cannot always be all things to all people. At some point, probably when/if they get some power and have to make proper decisions, they will have to decide who they will leave behind.
Isambard Kingdom Brunel
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
UKIP is an idiot.
Dez
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Judging a political party's merits based on the people who vote for them is totally backwards. How about voting for politicians you like, not for ones that stereotypical group X/Y/Z happen to like.
MagicNMedicine
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
To be honest, the kind of person that guy is supposed to be satirising is almost certainly not going to be a UKIP supporter, until UKIP says what they are going to do about replacing the £3.3bn in farming subsidies that come from the EU under the Common Agricultural Policy. The larger landowners get more which means that rich toffs like that guy is supposed to be will be receiving a hefty cheque every year courtesy of the EU.

Now more than likely, if it came to it, to keep the rich landowners onside UKIP would say that the farmers would be compensated by still getting their payments, from the UK taxpayer rather than the EU. But until that guarantee is made I expect the countryside will remain Tory.
Everglow
  • Political Ambassador
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by InnerTemple)
I don't think anyone can be absolutely certain that the video is satire. It is quite reasonable to believe that UKIP have many supporters just like that.
The video is definitely satire. The music, the evident acting, the blunt reference to having illegal plants, the video description describing him as 'a perfect example of a true UKIP supporter' etc. It's quite amusing.
intelligent con
Rep:
?
(Original post by Reluire)
The video is definitely satire. The music, the evident acting, the blunt reference to having illegal plants, the video description describing him as 'a perfect example of a true UKIP supporter' etc. It's quite amusing.
I really wish it was satire...
Everglow
  • Political Ambassador
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by intelligent con)
I really wish it was satire...
What makes you think it's not?
SHallowvale
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Dez)
Judging a political party's merits based on the people who vote for them is totally backwards. How about voting for politicians you like, not for ones that stereotypical group X/Y/Z happen to like.
True, but if a party demands that decisions made by the government should reflect public opinion then I think it's important to consider the people who'd vote for that party.
intelligent con
Rep:
?
(Original post by Reluire)
What makes you think it's not?
look at the comments from the uploader im pretty sure he's genuine
Rakas21
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by SHallowvale)
True, but if a party demands that decisions made by the government should reflect public opinion then I think it's important to consider the people who'd vote for that party.
As Thatcher and Blair showed well, there are times you follow public opinion.. but there are also times you must lead it.
Sebdaneb07
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Hi there, I happened to stumble across this thread and I happen to be the uploader of this video. Oliver was a strong genuine UKIP supporter until recently because the legal team and the barrister of UKIP have just emailed us and phoned us demanding for me to take the video down as it represents UKIP in a 'bad light'. Please do share the video!!!!!! oh, and for those of you thinking it was a parody, it really was him being geniune... Yes he really does sound like that in real life!
Sebdaneb07
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Here is a video of your average young ukip voter speaking out against the mainstream cartel of parties https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bRlyFaAadlI#t=393
Hi there, I happened to stumble across this thread and I happen to be the uploader of this video. Oliver was a strong genuine UKIP supporter until recently because the legal team and the barrister of UKIP have just emailed us and phoned us demanding for me to take the video down as it represents UKIP in a 'bad light'. Please do share the video!!!!!! oh, and for those of you thinking it was a parody, it really was him being geniune... Yes he really does sound like that in real life!
The Juan
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
look at the comments from the uploader im pretty sure he's genuine
Wow I would say "gullible" but there is no word to describe how stupid you can be to think the video is legitimate.
Opiece
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Sebdaneb07)
Uh, really?
I mean, I'm in no way a UKIP supporter, but what you're saying is stupid. No one from UKIP has phoned or emailed you, because your video hasn't even got 1,500 views and no one cares. There are also loads of other videos out there that would damage UKIP much more, with much more views. What you're saying is not believable... and pretty much confirms that this video is indeed acting.
You know, you're not helping us there. If we want to fight UKIP, let's not play childish games and give them actual arguments. Please, stop trolling.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How has the start of this academic year been for you?

Loving it - gonna be a great year (142)
17.95%
It's just nice to be back! (213)
26.93%
Not great so far... (283)
35.78%
I want to drop out! (153)
19.34%

Watched Threads