Suffering with depression and serious anxiety Watch

Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
I have been ill with depression and anxiety for 7 years, I have tried anti depressant and I have been happy and pulled myself back to reality a few times, I know what it is to feel normal, but I have fallen back into a very difficult place and I not coping with my uni work at all.... I have gone back on medication and I have fallen 2 weeks behind and i am really worried; I have 3 essays to write and I have **** all knowledge to substantiate them because I have been too ill to go into uni and it's just a mess. Does anyone know if I can apply for extenuating (not sure what that word is?) circumstances based on mental health issues? Thanks x
Kabloomybuzz
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
You should be able to apply for extenuating circumstances based on this yes, you'll need a doctors note to support it though

Before you do this, I suggest you see your tutor and discuss your issues, they may well be able to offer you an extension without need for extenuating. If it isn't enough, you can ask them to support you in your extenuating claim. Its a good idea to try and get an extension first and to keep your tutor informed.

It might also be worth seeing the disabled students department (whatever its called at your uni) and enquire about DSA (disabled students allowance) you can claim it for mental health problems and it can help with support through uni.
JessicaLucy09
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Ditto.

I don't go to uni but i suffer from a very similar thing and it affects my work.
Yes you can, I done this with my A levels. Talk to a teacher at uni, make sure you have a doctors note and they should sort something out.

Hope you're okay x
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Would you turn to a teacher if you were being bullied?

Yes (93)
24.47%
No (287)
75.53%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed