The Student Room Group

Urgent help! Choosing A-Levels

Hey ☺,
I'm having difficulty choosing my A-levels 😐.
I would like to take
Business studies/Economics
Geography
French
Religous studies

Firstly, I'm debating whether I should do French as I'm not so confident with my grammar however, I am predicted an A for my GCSE's and my speaking and writing are all A*'s. Im wondering whether I'll find french A -level difficult because of my poor knowledge of the grammar. In addition, if I was to do A-level French, do you think it's something I can work on and learn.

Secoldly, I was wondering if I should choose Business Studies or Economics. I've heard that Economics is highly respected (more than business) but its hard. I'm not sure which I should choose. Also for extra information, I would like to do a business related degree at university.
Thank you 😘
Original post by Thanu24
Hey ☺,
I'm having difficulty choosing my A-levels .
I would like to take
Business studies/Economics
Geography
French
Religous studies

Firstly, I'm debating whether I should do French as I'm not so confident with my grammar however, I am predicted an A for my GCSE's and my speaking and writing are all A*'s. Im wondering whether I'll find french A -level difficult because of my poor knowledge of the grammar. In addition, if I was to do A-level French, do you think it's something I can work on and learn.

Secoldly, I was wondering if I should choose Business Studies or Economics. I've heard that Economics is highly respected (more than business) but its hard. I'm not sure which I should choose. Also for extra information, I would like to do a business related degree at university.
Thank you

Business studies is blacklisted by some universities so defiantly pick economics. Also in terms of taking french I would say that it would be a great A Level to do. Especially as French is so useful for business. However, I would tell you to go to your French teacher and ask her if she could give you some work to do to prepare you for a levels in the holiday. This may seem like a drag but considering how long you get off you could just do a couple of hours a week. Also buy a grammar drill book.
Reply 2
Original post by _-_Ella_-_
Business studies is blacklisted by some universities so defiantly pick economics. Also in terms of taking french I would say that it would be a great A Level to do. Especially as French is so useful for business. However, I would tell you to go to your French teacher and ask her if she could give you some work to do to prepare you for a levels in the holiday. This may seem like a drag but considering how long you get off you could just do a couple of hours a week. Also buy a grammar drill book.

Hey 😊, omg thank you so much! I won't be taking Business studies then especially if it's black listed. You're a life saver! Honestly thank you so so so so much! I just can't day it enough
Original post by Thanu24
Hey , omg thank you so much! I won't be taking Business studies then especially if it's black listed. You're a life saver! Honestly thank you so so so so much! I just can't day it enough

You're welcome.
Original post by Thanu24
Hey , omg thank you so much! I won't be taking Business studies then especially if it's black listed. You're a life saver! Honestly thank you so so so so much! I just can't day it enough

Also, this link might help. https://www.trin.cam.ac.uk/acceptable-level-subject-combinations

Quick Reply

Latest