e-mily
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 years ago
I'm an A Level/BTEC student but I heard from a careers adviser that a summer internship - she mentioned the Open University - would be a great idea. However, the only ones I can find (CESPAR etc) are for undergraduates.

Does it matter? Or are there others specifically for A-Level students?

I'm looking for something in Space or Aerospace Engineering, just a few weeks over the summer, paid or unpaid, would be fantastic.
AstroNandos
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
This isn't really any help to you, but I guess it'll give the thread a bump.

Aerospace ftw
s_________
Badges: 9
Report 6 years ago
There are things like Nuffield science placement and EDT which can provide work experience placements
tara8000
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
It depends, are you in year 12 or 13? If you're in year 12 you can apply through the Social Mobility Foundation for a summer internship at CH2MHILL or something like that? and there're the Nuffield placements as mentioned above.

If you're in year 13 I wouldn't know of any schemes like these you can apply for, but I have friends who contacted university science departments and asked for a work placement.... however it was more along the lines of work experience and was therefore unpaid
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you have the space and resources you need to succeed in home learning?

Yes I have everything I need (332)
55.61%
I don't have everything I need (265)
44.39%

Watched Threads