The Student Room Group

Finally got the number... How to progress further?

Theres a girl I really like in my college, she's not in any of my classes unfortunately. I've spoken to her a few times when I've seen her around and I've managed to get her number! I've had a few brief conversations over text with her, but the chats get a bit stale. We aren't in any of the same classes so I have no idea what to talk about. I don't want to talk about the same old "how are you" etc.

I have very little experience with girls/relationships and need some tips on how I can progress further with her and make the text convos more exciting!
Reply 1
Original post by Anonymous

I have very little experience with girls/relationships and need some tips on how I can progress further with her and make the text convos more exciting!

Ok first lesson is, you do NOT want to become her 'texting buddy'. You want to meet her so you can progress further with her face to face. So next time you message her, ask her whats her schedule like for the week as you want to grab a drink/bite to eat with her.
Original post by az08
Ok first lesson is, you do NOT want to become her 'texting buddy'. You want to meet her so you can progress further with her face to face. So next time you message her, ask her whats her schedule like for the week as you want to grab a drink/bite to eat with her.

This, minus asking her that you want to take her out for a drink ... If you tell her you want to, it gives her the chance to tell you she's busy ... if you ask her what her timetable is like next week and she says "I've got a busy week but luckily I've got Wednesday off" for example, you can just tell her that you'd like to take her out then!
Reply 3
Original post by Dodgypirate
This, minus asking her that you want to take her out for a drink ... If you tell her you want to, it gives her the chance to tell you she's busy ... if you ask her what her timetable is like next week and she says "I've got a busy week but luckily I've got Wednesday off" for example, you can just tell her that you'd like to take her out then!

She'll reject you either way if she doesn't want the D after all, just ask her to go for a drink up front.
Reply 4
If you can also set up the next meeting whilst still in person and on a good note, you're on to a winner.

Don't expect the other person to make decisions, ever. They might think you're losing interest or they might think you're just passive. Unless you're specifically trying to be nonchalant (useful in some situations, initial contact is not often one of them), you want to be the driving force behind consequent meetings.
Original post by Kaiju
If you can also set up the next meeting whilst still in person and on a good note, you're on to a winner.

Don't expect the other person to make decisions, ever. They might think you're losing interest or they might think you're just passive. Unless you're specifically trying to be nonchalant (useful in some situations, initial contact is not often one of them), you want to be the driving force behind consequent meetings.

This. It's very easy to get stuck in the "hey, how are you" category. When pursing someone, it's good to meet early.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending