Anyone studying or studied AQA Religious Studies? Watch

undine_monty
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
I'm looking into self-teaching myself it for AS and was wondering what units and topics you did. Thanks
Safiya122
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
well my sister is doing AQA AS RS and one of the things she's learning is about NRMs (new religious movements) and to do with globalization. I personally think RS is a really interesting subject and it's got a lot of things interconnected with sociology and health & social care. would recommend you study it, my sixth form didn't offer it otherwise I would have.
NinjaNicky
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Hey, I study it atm, currently doing A2. With AQA especially, it totally depends what units you do. For example, at AS we did papers RSS01 and RSS02, meaning it was pure Philosophy and Ethics, instead of much religion. We did topics like Utilitarianism, Situation Ethics, the Abortion and Euthanasia debates, Immanuel Kant etc. Personally I absolutely love it and am doing Philosophy at Uni, I'd be careful as to what units you choose though as some will be easier to self teach than others. Good luck!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of East Anglia
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Sun, 20 Oct '19
  • University for the Creative Arts
    Sun, 20 Oct '19
  • University of Gloucestershire
    Sun, 20 Oct '19

Have you made up your mind on your five uni choices?

Yes I know where I'm applying (77)
67.54%
No I haven't decided yet (21)
18.42%
Yes but I might change my mind (16)
14.04%

Watched Threads