Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Howard)
    I wonder. Is anyone keeping tally? I wonder if we really concentrated our efforts how often can we use "sweeping generalization" in one week.
    Yeah. Its quite a depressing indication of the quality of the some of the posts on this board!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kingslaw)
    Yeah. Its quite a depressing indication of the quality of the some of the posts on this board!
    Indeed, things have gone down hill here on the forum lately.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sire)
    Indeed, things have gone down hill here on the forum lately.
    Another sweeping generalization. :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kingslaw)
    China, however, is a different story...
    I believe they are becoming economically unseparable. Which would avert any chance of wars that may happen. Sabre rattling maybe, but full out wars? Not in our lifetime. [If current developments are preserved]

ReputationRep:
    Most of you are thinking a cold war must escalate into a hot war with military force, in most cases you are right to assume that. My cold war is about economic domination, double dealing, economic destabilization, control of resources and war for profit. Like I said it will not happen in the near future it might take a century or 2, just like USA took to become the world’s super power.

Like USA want to control most of the oil wells in the Middle East to boost their economy, well EU might find it unfair and will try to win the country in question an exclusive contracts to tip the balance of trade( In a hypothetical way). Money has no friends.

All what I said is very theoretical and will probably not happen in our lifetime or for a very long time if that.

ReputationRep:
    Yet just think back just over 60 years to WW2, and its level of technology and history. Consider the present and its history in the making situations, and then consider 60 years in the future. I doubt we could even think 10 years in the future, technology and history are moving at an unprecedented pace.

Poll
Which accompaniment is best?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.