MrWills22
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
Hello!

I left school there due to health problems. So I'm taking the year to get myself sorted. Unfortunately this leaves my in a fairly bad position in terms of applying to universities.

I got ABBCC this year. (A in music, B's in english & french, C's in maths & chemistry) All at higher.

I'm applying to: Edinburgh Napier - Law (LLB)
Edinburgh Napier - Economics & Management
Edinburgh University - Music (MA) & (BMus)
Stirling University - Economics

Ideally my first choice would be law, as Napier is the only one (it seems) that doesn't have entry requirements at AABB And above. But, to the point, does anyone think I'll receive offers? And they will obviously have to be unconditional. Hate the way this has turned out.

Many thanks anyone who can help!
itslauren
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
If you left due to health problems they should make considerations for you and lower grade expectations.
For example, if the grade range is AAA-ABB, the ABB offer will generally be for people with special circumstances.
I'd say you definitely have a chance of getting offers, grades of ABBCC are very good and better than most people
rjallan
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Hi there,
I have the exact same grades as you for my highers (ABBCC) and applied to uni last year (to start in September 2014).
One of the universities I applied to was Edinburgh Napier to study Business Management. I received a conditional offer stating that I had to obtain BBB in my highers during the year (I only had an A and a C at this point). However I only obtained BBC so I did not get into university this year.
Are you studying anything this year (at college etc) or working?
Universities will take into account HNC/D's when reading your UCAS application. I am applying this year and I have emailed most universities asking whether my HNC will give me a better chance of getting into their university and most of them are saying that I will have a definite chance of getting into university at year 1 if I get an A in my graded unit.
However, Napier university replied to me saying that I needed a B in my graded unit to get into year 2 next year - so if you are wanting to take the college route then you don't have to worry about graduating a year later etc.
I would definitely look into fast track HNCs in the courses that you wish to do if you are really wanting to go to university in September 2015.

Hope this helps!!!
Championt1
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by MrWills22)
Hello!

I left school there due to health problems. So I'm taking the year to get myself sorted. Unfortunately this leaves my in a fairly bad position in terms of applying to universities.

I got ABBCC this year. (A in music, B's in english & french, C's in maths & chemistry) All at higher.

I'm applying to: Edinburgh Napier - Law (LLB)
Edinburgh Napier - Economics & Management
Edinburgh University - Music (MA) & (BMus)
Stirling University - Economics

Ideally my first choice would be law, as Napier is the only one (it seems) that doesn't have entry requirements at AABB And above. But, to the point, does anyone think I'll receive offers? And they will obviously have to be unconditional. Hate the way this has turned out.

Many thanks anyone who can help!
I think you can do much better than Edinburgh Napier for Law.I got ABB at AS level and I got offers from Uni's like QMUL,Bristol and Birmingham.As long as you know you can get the requirements you should aim higher.University of Edinburgh and Glasgow are very good universities for law.So if u want to stay in Scotland you could at least apply to one of them.

Posted from TSR Mobile
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of East Anglia
    PGCE Open day Postgraduate
    Sat, 29 Feb '20
  • Edinburgh Napier University
    Postgraduate Drop-in Brunch Postgraduate
    Sat, 29 Feb '20
  • Teesside University
    All faculties open Undergraduate
    Sat, 29 Feb '20

Do you get study leave?