How to achieve the best grades possible (A*A*A*-AAA) from poorer AS results Watch

Sonnyjimisgod
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
Hello guys, so we are in the thick of A2 now and was just wondering when to start revising and the best methods in doing so. At the moment I go to lessons, do some notes at lunch, come home, start work at 18:00, eat at 20:00 work till 21:00 (so roughly 3 hours after school plus half an hour at lunch of extra work from classwork.

I'm not convinced that making notes is the most efficient way of doing the best in an exam and so am trying to balance this with relevant exam practice.

Anyway for you guys who got A*AA (and better) how did you work throughout your year to achieve what you got.
For AS I got BBCC in math phy chem bio, and dropped bio. I'm left with 4 resits (chem1 chem2 c1 phya1) and am trying to balance these with my current workload. I really want to get at least AAA and believe its possible with hard work and motiviation and am working very hard at the beginning of this year (had 3 tests so far and got >88% in all). I'm not applying this year as want to go to a top uni to study something economics related (like bms at lse-which requires aaa) and believe this is possible if I can manufacture A*AA out of my soul and possibly take fm in my gap year.

How exactly would I go by achieving this, thank you
Safiya122
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
I started my revision a lot earlier than recommended. Like they say you should start at least 2 months before but I basically started it right from the start. I did a lot of essay writing and gave them to my teachers to mark and would do them in timed conditions too. Everyone has different methods of how to study, I'm someone who talks to myself - that's how I do it. Just find your best method and stick to it but try different types so you don't get bored. And if you get stuck, ask for help. Use feedback to your advantage, good luck
fieldy_xo
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
I don't do these subjects but I have friends that do and they often turn our group chat into a study group to go over homework and revise and it seems very effective, 2 of them are predicted A's and A*s and they used this method last year too.

A group of people to study with in this way seems very effective, teaching other people the things you're learning is also helpful as it lets you go over what you've learnt and they'll ask questions
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Norwich University of the Arts
    Postgraduate Open Day Postgraduate
    Thu, 23 Jan '20
  • SOAS University of London
    Development Studies, Interdisciplinary Studies, Anthropology and Sociology, Languages, Cultures and Linguistics, Arts, Economics, Law, History, Religions and Philosophies, Politics and International Studies, Finance and Management, East Asian Languages & Cultures Postgraduate
    Sat, 25 Jan '20
  • University of Huddersfield
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 25 Jan '20

How are your mock exams going?

Love them - Feeling positive (0)
0%
They've been reasonable (4)
44.44%
Not feeling great... (5)
55.56%
They are TERRIBLE! (0)