The Student Room Group
University of Leicester
University of Leicester
Leicester
Visit website

University of Leicester Accommodation

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Regina15
No problem:smile: it gets you into all the freshers events over the two weeks- it costs £58 in total, there's a link on the freshers page in Facebook if you want to get it

Thanks!!
University of Leicester
University of Leicester
Leicester
Visit website
I'm GMS Bowder EE :smile:
Hi, I'm new to this, but I'm studying Microbiology and staying in Beaumont Hall if anyone else is?
Original post by Abzillaa
Hi, I'm new to this, but I'm studying Microbiology and staying in Beaumont Hall if anyone else is?

I am,block 7 :smile:

I'm in Block 8 :smile:

Block 5 :smile:
Reply 306
Hi everyone! Has anyone been allocated in Rosenfels house (GMS) or nearby?
Anyone staying in freemans common houses??
What's the coppice like? Is it nicer than the john foster houses? Are either separated from the pavilions in john foster/unsociable?
Reply 309
I live in The Coppice this year and really wouldn't recommend it, it's a really old building and its layout is so unsociable. Honestly, an en-suite isn't all of that. I'd say Beuamont or maybe GMS are the best options for sociability
Original post by Kayla19
I live in The Coppice this year and really wouldn't recommend it, it's a really old building and its layout is so unsociable. Honestly, an en-suite isn't all of that. I'd say Beuamont or maybe GMS are the best options for sociability

Thanks :smile: What about the John Foster houses? Are they nice?
Reply 311
Yeah they're nice, Bowder Court (GMS) is nicer and cheaper however. JoFo is stupidly expensive and it's not overly sociable unless you're really lucky with the people in your block
What's the most sociable yet modern halls with regards to decent kitchen and big desks in bedrooms would you say ?
I'm not bothered about shared bathrooms
Original post by Kayla19
Yeah they're nice, Bowder Court (GMS) is nicer and cheaper however. JoFo is stupidly expensive and it's not overly sociable unless you're really lucky with the people in your block

I mean the houses (howard house, spinneys house, etc) not the pavilions, sorry! My loan doesn't cover the pavilions, unfortunately!

Would you mind attaching pictures of the coppice? I applied there yesterday, so I'm just hoping that it's not that bad
Reply 314
Original post by jawsontheflooor
What's the most sociable yet modern halls with regards to decent kitchen and big desks in bedrooms would you say ?
I'm not bothered about shared bathrooms

Probably Bowder, but I think it's quite pricey. Most of the Halls aren't very modern and how sociable they are very much depends on the people in your block/house
Reply 315
Yeah I think the houses are more sociable, they're smaller and have one big shared kitchen (I think). I don't have any pictures, sorry! Accommodation really isn't the be all and end all, it's complete luck as to whether you get on with the people you're stuck with. Best advice is to join societies
Original post by Kayla19
Yeah I think the houses are more sociable, they're smaller and have one big shared kitchen (I think). I don't have any pictures, sorry! Accommodation really isn't the be all and end all, it's complete luck as to whether you get on with the people you're stuck with. Best advice is to join societies

Thank you :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending