Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I've been offered a place at Manchester Uni against their better judgement

So i'm curious where do the older students tend to live? Since i am way older than 18...ok only by 6 years but still, where do the older peeps go?
    I have to sort out my accomodation stuff as soon as and please don't think i'm being a snob i just really don't want to be in halls full of kiddies on their first stay away from home, as much as they wouldn't want a boring farty mature student in theirs! :eek: Don't get me wrong i can down beer and belch with the best of them but i also need to sort out my studies!

any advice gratefully received....

ReputationRep:
    Erm some students must end up in Hardy Farm Chorlton, its set in meadows so its very countrysidey, however its right at the far end of Chorlton a good 20 minutes walk into the town centre, and 10 minute walk to the bus station. Once you're at the bus station its another 20 minutes into the city centre. Chorlton itself has great relaxing night life, you can fall asleep in the bars here though! However unless you like sheep and horses you will probably be better of some where nearer the city centre. Hardy Farm is only 4 mles from the university but its still far enough.

You may find Fallowfield a bit noisy though, private accomdation in Chorlton or Didsbury is a good comprimise as its quite but both places still have great night life and easy access to the city center, however its expensive.

I think maybe the quieter halls in Fallowfield or Victoria Park may suit.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tangy)
    I've been offered a place at Manchester Uni against their better judgement

So i'm curious where do the older students tend to live? Since i am way older than 18...ok only by 6 years but still, where do the older peeps go?
    I have to sort out my accomodation stuff as soon as and please don't think i'm being a snob i just really don't want to be in halls full of kiddies on their first stay away from home, as much as they wouldn't want a boring farty mature student in theirs! :eek: Don't get me wrong i can down beer and belch with the best of them but i also need to sort out my studies!

any advice gratefully received....
    Hey nice to meet you! I´m a mature student myself (even though I´m only 21) and I am EVERY F****** NIGHT thinking about the same problem!!! Even though I feel very fit fot any party and don´t wanna miss out on the undergrad nightlife I thought about going to Moberly Hall which is only open to 21 years and above. The only thing that worries me is that there are very few undergrads at all and it might get a bit boring since postgrads tend to study more than they party... Oh **** I´m so indecisive!

ReputationRep:
    Hey thanks for the response guys! I was expecting some slating for asking!

ben i have been wondering the same thing for ages and only just plucked up the courage to put it out there yesterday! Good luck finding somewhere too!

I don't necessarily need to be surrounded by old people and sheep #2 so the quiter halls in Followfield or VP should suffice!

Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: May 4, 2004

University open days

1. University of Manchester
    All Departments Undergraduate
    Sat, 29 Sep '18
Poll
Which accompaniment is best?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.