What's the difference between a BTEC Diploma and BTEC Extended Diploma? Watch

abbalarr95
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
What's the difference between a BTEC (national) Diploma and a BTEC Extended (National) Diploma?

I'm currently doing a BTEC level 3 extended national diploma in applied science which is supposed to be equivalent to 3 A levels.
I'm currently applying to uni but some only accept the BTEC diploma by themselves, but not the extended diploma.. I always assumed the BTEC extended diploma was an extended version of the diploma but obviously not if the diploma is accepted but not the extended diploma. (If that makes any sense)

Does anyone know the answer to this? I can't find it anywhere :confused:
samsama
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
A BTEC national diploma consists of 12 units, whilst the national extended diploma consists of 18 units. If a university course accepts the diploma then it most certainly will also accept the extended diploma even if the latter is not explicitly listed.
abbalarr95
Rep:
?
(Original post by samsama)
A BTEC national diploma consists of 12 units, whilst the national extended diploma consists of 18 units. If a university course accepts the diploma then it most certainly will also accept the extended diploma even if the latter is not explicitly listed.
Thank you!
See that's what I thought but both BTEC's are listed in the Uni's entry requirements and the Diploma is accepted by itself but not the extended one (they expect A levels with it)
It's all so confusing to me:confused:
abbalarr95
Rep:
?
Thank you
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Which party will you be voting for in the General Election?

Conservatives (48)
20.69%
Labour (114)
49.14%
Liberal Democrats (28)
12.07%
Green Party (16)
6.9%
Brexit Party (2)
0.86%
Independent Group for Change (Change UK) (3)
1.29%
SNP (5)
2.16%
Plaid Cymru (1)
0.43%
Democratic Unionist Party (DUP) (0)
0%
Sinn Fein (3)
1.29%
SDLP (0)
0%
Ulster Unionist (0)