Bruno26
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 years ago
I received a conditional offer from Newcastle university, which I'm very pleased about. Although, I'm very confused about their offer.

Firstly, my predicted grade is A (Psychology), B(Biology) and B (English Lit) --->AS grades = B (Psychology), C (English Lit), D (Biology), and E(Chemistry) -I dropped chemistry.

Their standard offer was ABB for Molecular and Cellular Biology, so I understand why they'd offer me ABB. BUT they specified that they want an 'A' in Biology and 'B's in my other two subject.

Is there a reason for this? It'll probably motivate me to revise hard and work for that 'A' but from getting a 'D' in AS?!?! I did say in UCAS I'm re-sitting Biology Unit 2, which I got a 'D' at (My ISA= C and Unit 1 =C) I just don't understand why they'd make an 'specific' offer seeing as though I achieved a 'D' at AS Like, i'm sure they know that there's a 'HIGH CHANCE' of me not getting that 'A'??? so there's a high chance of me not meeting their offer??? meaning I'll probably just not get into the uni at results day?

Can someone please clarify this for me
s_________
Badges: 9
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by Bruno26)
I received a conditional offer from Newcastle university, which I'm very pleased about. Although, I'm very confused about their offer.

Firstly, my predicted grade is A (Psychology), B(Biology) and B (English Lit) --->AS grades = B (Psychology), C (English Lit), D (Biology), and E(Chemistry) -I dropped chemistry.

Their standard offer was ABB for Molecular and Cellular Biology, so I understand why they'd offer me ABB. BUT they specified that they want an 'A' in Biology and 'B's in my other two subject.

Is there a reason for this? It'll probably motivate me to revise hard and work for that 'A' but from getting a 'D' in AS?!?! I did say in UCAS I'm re-sitting Biology Unit 2, which I got a 'D' at (My ISA= C and Unit 1 =C) I just don't understand why they'd make an 'specific' offer seeing as though I achieved a 'D' at AS Like, i'm sure they know that there's a 'HIGH CHANCE' of me not getting that 'A'??? so there's a high chance of me not meeting their offer??? meaning I'll probably just not get into the uni at results day?

Can someone please clarify this for me
This is normal, unis do specify which subject they want a grade in
However if you miss your offer by one grade or a couple of UMS they still may also take you
Also I repeated the yr
My bio first yr was a U
Second yr got a C
Hoping to retake the bad modules and get an A
Bruno26
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 years ago
(Original post by selenerrr__x)
This is normal, unis do specify which subject they want a grade in
However if you miss your offer by one grade or a couple of UMS they still may also take you
Also I repeated the yr
My bio first yr was a U
Second yr got a C
Hoping to retake the bad modules and get an A
Oh right, I was just surprised! My other offers were all on spot with my predicted grades, even specifying Biology as a 'B'. And there's Newcastle wanting an 'A' hahaha! Ooooh, and at least it got from a 'U' to a 'C'! That's an amazing achievement! Well done I wish you Good Luck on your re-sits and hopefully, we'll both get 'A's by the end of A2
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What factors affect your mental health the most right now?

Anxiousness about lockdown easing (151)
4.91%
Uncertainty around my education (454)
14.77%
Uncertainty around my future career prospects (342)
11.13%
Lack of purpose or motivation (429)
13.96%
Lack of support system (eg. teachers, counsellors, delays in care) (145)
4.72%
Impact of lockdown on physical health (186)
6.05%
Loneliness (265)
8.62%
Financial worries (111)
3.61%
Concern about myself or my loves ones getting/having been ill (124)
4.04%
Exposure to negative news/social media (140)
4.56%
Lack of real life entertainment (167)
5.43%
Lack of confidence in making big life decisions (271)
8.82%
Worry about missed opportunities during the pandemic (288)
9.37%

Watched Threads