What era do you wish you were born in?

Watch this thread
flutterby-x303
Badges: 13
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 7 years ago
I would say either twenties (so could have been a teenager in the thirties) or late sixties (so could have been a teenager in the 80s)

Don't choose to be born in your favourite era because you don't really "live" properly in the era until teens so go a decade before!

Posted from TSR Mobile
VioletPhillippo
Badges: 17
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 7 years ago
Probably the 70s so I could grow up in the 80s
moutonfou
Badges: 14
Rep:
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by flutterby-x303)
I would say either twenties (so could have been a teenager in the thirties) or late sixties (so could have been a teenager in the 80s)

Don't choose to be born in your favourite era because you don't really "live" properly in the era until teens so go a decade before!
I'd say Edwardian era just for the clothes, but don't think I would enjoy the early death, poverty, absence of women's rights etc etc. But yay, pretty dresses! *pretends whole Edwardian era was like Downton*
BobbieShamrock
Badges: 8
Rep:
Report 7 years ago
1530s.

Posted from TSR Mobile
flutterby-x303
Rep:
(Original post by moutonfou)
I'd say Edwardian era just for the clothes, but don't think I would enjoy the early death, poverty, absence of women's rights etc etc. But yay, pretty dresses! *pretends whole Edwardian era was like Downton*
Ahah watching downton is why I said similar era!

Posted from TSR Mobile
flutterby-x303
Rep:
(Original post by BobbieShamrock)
1530s.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Wow that's specific! May I ask why?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Zürich
Badges: 20
Rep:
Report 7 years ago
Wish I was born in the mid 60s so that I'd be in my 20s during the 1980s. Really like the vibe around London in the 1980s with the punk rock scene like the Clash etc. Could also have experienced Arsenal winning the title in 1989 etc.
Tiger Rag
Badges: 22
Rep:
Report 7 years ago
Probably the 1920s.
tengentoppa
Badges: 18
Rep:
Report 7 years ago

Posted from TSR Mobile
The great depression followed by the second world war? Doesn't sound thrilling to me.

I'd say the baby boomer generation had it fairly good. Being a kid in the swinging sixties, disco dancing in my 70s youth, getting rich off Thatcher's Big Bang in the 80s and watching 90s shows with my children. Sounds like fun.
username917703
Badges: 17
Rep:
Report 7 years ago
I'm happy being born when I was born.
flutterby-x303
Rep:
Seems 20s and 60s/70s is popular! Ie grow up in the 30s and 80s

Posted from TSR Mobile
Maid Marian
Report 7 years ago
Early 1900s
flutterby-x303
Rep:
(Original post by tengentoppa)
The great depression followed by the second world war? Doesn't sound thrilling to me.

I'd say the baby boomer generation had it fairly good. Being a kid in the swinging sixties, disco dancing in my 70s youth, getting rich off Thatcher's Big Bang in the 80s and watching 90s shows with my children. Sounds like fun.
I know that's true, but there is something about the glamorous 30s...

Posted from TSR Mobile
EllieC130
Badges: 15
Rep:
Report 7 years ago
Xbox aside, probably 1940s America so I could get into acting a bit easier, wear the fashions and be a part of the civil rights movement (50s or 60s I think).
Rum Ham
Rep:
Report 7 years ago
I wish I was born in the late 60s/early 70s so I could have been a teen in the 80s.

Posted from TSR Mobile
De Mortimer
Badges: 0
Rep:
Report 7 years ago
Anywhere between 1200s-1300s
Emily.97
Badges: 21
Rep:
Report 7 years ago

Posted from TSR Mobile
I'm drawn to the 50's- but that's only because the style was so sophisticated and elegant. I would have loved to be surrounded by that, wearing those clothes- be pretty cool.

Other than that.. don't know :P
BobbieShamrock
Badges: 8
Rep:
Report 7 years ago
Wow that's specific! May I ask why?

Posted from TSR Mobile
It's the decade Lady Jane Grey was born in.
Also nice dresses

Posted from TSR Mobile
MrMango
Badges: 0
Rep:
Report 7 years ago

Posted from TSR Mobile
19th century so I could have stopped my people being enslaved.. I would have been similar to Django.

Posted from TSR Mobile
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest

How confident are you that you'll achieve the grades you need to get into your firm uni?

I think I've exceeded the grades for my university offer (15)
15.63%
I think I've met the grades for my university offer (25)
26.04%
I think I've missed the grades for my university offer (52)
54.17%
Something else (tell us in the thread) (4)
4.17%

Watched Threads