What's YOUR judgement on someone with a tattoo?

Watch
SocialSmocial94
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 years ago
chickenonsteroids
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Don't care really. More concerned with how they act and most of the time, tattoos aren't the influencing factor.
Truflais
Badges: 20
Report 6 years ago
Not really fussed. They can look really hot on some people, and it's your body not mine.
chloevictoria
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
I wouldn't get one myself, but at the same time I wouldn't judge someone for having one.
raq123
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
I dont judge them.
i just think they brave cause it hurts as **** and aslo believe they creative people.
normally those are great lover lool
moment of truth
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Depends what and where on the body for me.
CatnipGlows
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by SocialSmocial94)
Does it depend on what and where it is? Or tattoos in general??

I've got a sleeve on my left arm which covers it and extends to my rear deltoid, across my chest and all the way down to the bottom of my abdominals. I've got 'determination' written across my chest which fits with the tribal and oh I've got a diamond on my right deltoid with a ribbon wrapped around it which says 'Mum & Dad, Forever love'.

I train a lot as well and have been told I look like a 'Mexican gangster'. I've had a few circumstances where I've been judged/questioned for having it but this was probably the best humoured ever. The police stopped me once when I was doing my front garden and this is the conversation as follows:

(I was on the pavement with a petrol hedge-cutter to make things worse and was also talking with two friends without a top on; it was a super hot day)

Police: (pulls up) 'Alright mate, nice tattoo'.

Me: (puts hedge-cutter down) 'Thanks, it's not finished yet'.

Police: 'Did it hurt?'

Me: Told him where it hurt the most.

Police: 'You on drugs?'.

Me: 'Only on Fridays'.

The male and female officer smile and drive off. I could tell they was being in good humour but I remember once on the train this women looked at me in absolute disgust and it actually upset me because I'm a sports student and fitness instructor so I'm in trackies a lot and I guess she see's me with tats in trackies and thinks 'scum'.

I can actually understand somewhat why she would have that opinion but yeah, when you know what you're like, it's annoying to see other people get the total wrong idea! Anyway, I'm rambling. What comes in to your mind when you see someone with a tattoo and does it make a difference depending on what cloths they are wearing etc?? Would be interested to hear some opinions, don't worry, I won't be offended (or at least I'll pretend that I'm not ).

It completely depends on that tattoo- I can't stand really chavy 'common' tattoos, where girls have infinity symbols and such, but on some guys they look really hot. All depends on the tattoo
lou 22
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Does it depend on what and where it is? Or tattoos in general??

I've got a sleeve on my left arm which covers it and extends to my rear deltoid, across my chest and all the way down to the bottom of my abdominals. I've got 'determination' written across my chest which fits with the tribal and oh I've got a diamond on my right deltoid with a ribbon wrapped around it which says 'Mum & Dad, Forever love'.

I train a lot as well and have been told I look like a 'Mexican gangster'. I've had a few circumstances where I've been judged/questioned for having it but this was probably the best humoured ever. The police stopped me once when I was doing my front garden and this is the conversation as follows:

(I was on the pavement with a petrol hedge-cutter to make things worse and was also talking with two friends without a top on; it was a super hot day)

Police: (pulls up) 'Alright mate, nice tattoo'.

Me: (puts hedge-cutter down) 'Thanks, it's not finished yet'.

Police: 'Did it hurt?'

Me: Told him where it hurt the most.

Police: 'You on drugs?'.

Me: 'Only on Fridays'.

The male and female officer smile and drive off. I could tell they was being in good humour but I remember once on the train this women looked at me in absolute disgust and it actually upset me because I'm a sports student and fitness instructor so I'm in trackies a lot and I guess she see's me with tats in trackies and thinks 'scum'.

I can actually understand somewhat why she would have that opinion but yeah, when you know what you're like, it's annoying to see other people get the total wrong idea! Anyway, I'm rambling. What comes in to your mind when you see someone with a tattoo and does it make a difference depending on what cloths they are wearing etc?? Would be interested to hear some opinions, don't worry, I won't be offended (or at least I'll pretend that I'm not ).

Kind of want to ask to see your tats but wont, I personally don’t mind tattoo’s as I have one of my own, it is only people who have tats that are graphic or on their faces and stuff that make me wonder why they would do that but I dont judge them as to each there own.

I will also say the way some tattoo’s are done are truly artistic so I have to admire them.
GermanScientist
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
I really don't like them. I've tried to change my opinion but I just can't.
Rum Ham
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
I don't judge people on having tattoos but I suppose I do judge the tattoos as some designs are better than others but at the end of the day its their body and if they are happy with it then that is the main thing. I wouldn't look down on someone for having tattoos, in fact I find sleeve tatts on guys to be quite attractive.

Posted from TSR Mobile
somemightsay888
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Not a fan of them unless they're something unique. The typical tribal sleeves and such just scream "I'm boring, but I thought a tattoo would make me look edgy, cool and hard".
username927016
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
I don't really think anything of them really, their personality is more important.
Badshah
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
I hate tattoos but I wouldn't judge someone because of their tattoos.
HeavyTeddy
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Depends. Some are artistic as fuark and others just look trashy.

Judging from those pics OP...it ain't good news.
Kittiara
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
It depends, really. Most of the time, I quite like tattoos. On some people they look really good, on some it makes no difference whether they have one (or more) or not, and on others it doesn't look so good, but it wouldn't change my opinion of them as a person.

The only times when I may judge a person about their chosen body art are when it's really offensive, because that does say something about their personality, or when it's a really stupid one, like a statement or quote with spelling errors. Surely people would check before going ahead with it? :confused: Oh, and tattoos covering someone's face can look a bit scary...
Reeeeyah
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
I don't judge people on their tattoos, I have 5 of my own.
lou 22
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
ImageImage

My tattoo isn't finished yet and I'm going to go over again what's already been done

Nice tat , Nice bod . Which part hurt the most? You have me really interested now

Your tat looks good as is imo, but once it is done it will look awesome .
dreadpiraterach
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
I don't really see what there is to judge about tattoos. Apart from face tattoos, which just don't seem to make any sense whatsoever.
SocialSmocial94
Rep:
?
(Original post by lou 22)
Nice tat , Nice bod . Which part hurt the most? You have me really interested now

Your tat looks good as is imo, but once it is done it will look awesome .
Thank you . The abdominals hurt the most, the ribs just sounds horrible. Can't wait to get it finished! What tattoo have you got?
SocialSmocial94
Rep:
?
(Original post by dreadpiraterach)
I don't really see what there is to judge about tattoos. Apart from face tattoos, which just don't seem to make any sense whatsoever.
And neck and hands . 'NO GO' aha.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Should there be a new university admissions system that ditches predicted grades?

No, I think predicted grades should still be used to make offers (602)
33.92%
Yes, I like the idea of applying to uni after I received my grades (PQA) (740)
41.69%
Yes, I like the idea of receiving offers only after I receive my grades (PQO) (353)
19.89%
I think there is a better option than the ones suggested (let us know in the thread!) (80)
4.51%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed