Personal Statement Paragraph Spacing

Watch
Wissenschaft
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 years ago
The limit is 47 lines, so how do I make it presentation, while maximising content?

Should I do something like the following:

Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetuer adipiscing elit, sed diam nonummy nibh euismod tincidunt ut laoreet dolore magna aliquam erat volutpat.
>>>Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetuer adipiscing elit, sed diam nonummy nibh euismod tincidunt ut laoreet dolore magna aliquam erat volutpat

Or would that look silly? Thanks
uniqsummer
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
You cant indent on a UCAS personal statement, the system removes them if you start putting them in.
47 lines is a lot, I would say that if your struggling to use a few lines for paragraphs then your personal statement is too long and needs trimming.
Removing expletive constructions is a good way of trimming a personal statement.
29Bilal96
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
I just used 'Shift+Enter' to start a new line
PQ
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
You should ideally leave a blank line between each paragraph.

Without this a PS is a dense wall of text
ImageImage

With line breaks a PS is a concise, easy to read statement and there is a much reduced risk that admissions staff will miss important information
ImageImage (although I'd say this second example could combine a few of those paragraphs without sacrificing the legibility of the statement)
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Should the school day be extended to help students catch up?

Yes (20)
31.75%
No (43)
68.25%

Watched Threads