maggiehodgson
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 years ago
I was under the impression that FP2 and FP3 were independent of each other but I'm really struggling on some of the calculus is FP3. I chose FP3 as I want to do M3 and have been told I need to crack on with differential equations.

Should I have done FP2 first after all?
TeeEm
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by maggiehodgson)
I was under the impression that FP2 and FP3 were independent of each other but I'm really struggling on some of the calculus is FP3. I chose FP3 as I want to do M3 and have been told I need to crack on with differential equations.

Should I have done FP2 first after all?
I would have done the modules in order but I think the issue is elsewhere.
Looking at the questions/topics you are asking in your posts you are going too fast in my opinion. You may need to make adjustments as things get harder. I am doing something similar (middle aged myself now) and in the beginning I was moving fairly fast. As I am progressing through the topics (things have got very "hairy") my pace has dropped so I have adjusted to slower pace, more practice, etc..
maggiehodgson
Rep:
?
(Original post by TeeEm)
I would have done the modules in order but I think the issue is elsewhere.
Looking at the questions/topics you are asking in your posts you are going too fast in my opinion. You may need to make adjustments as things get harder. I am doing something similar (middle aged myself now) and in the beginning I was moving fairly fast. As I am progressing through the topics (things have got very "hairy") my pace has dropped so I have adjusted to slower pace, more practice, etc..

Thanks. I am, indeed, not moving as quickly as in As/2, FP1 and M2. That's taken me 2 1/2 years. However, I'm taking the same approach of attempting every exercise in the book + watching videos. Not having a full-time job so with loads of time on my hands I do spend a considerable amount of time doing maths. I have to say, though, that the FP3 book available on the AQA web site is nowhere near as good as the "Advanced maths for AQA" series. The exercises at the end of sections are not in graded order and the exercises at the end of the chapter are crazily different from the earlier ones. I'm just going to have to look at other hard copy resources I think. Thanks for the reality check. I'll take it on board.
TeeEm
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by maggiehodgson)
Thanks. I am, indeed, not moving as quickly as in As/2, FP1 and M2. That's taken me 2 1/2 years. However, I'm taking the same approach of attempting every exercise in the book + watching videos. Not having a full-time job so with loads of time on my hands I do spend a considerable amount of time doing maths. I have to say, though, that the FP3 book available on the AQA web site is nowhere near as good as the "Advanced maths for AQA" series. The exercises at the end of sections are not in graded order and the exercises at the end of the chapter are crazily different from the earlier ones. I'm just going to have to look at other hard copy resources I think. Thanks for the reality check. I'll take it on board.
you may find some of my own resources useful as they have full solutions.
maggiehodgson
Rep:
?
(Original post by TeeEm)
you may find some of my own resources useful as they have full solutions.

Where do I find those, please.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Should there be a new university admissions system that ditches predicted grades?

No, I think predicted grades should still be used to make offers (577)
34.45%
Yes, I like the idea of applying to uni after I received my grades (PQA) (689)
41.13%
Yes, I like the idea of receiving offers only after I receive my grades (PQO) (334)
19.94%
I think there is a better option than the ones suggested (let us know in the thread!) (75)
4.48%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed