Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Keep it up everybody!!~~~

after I had my first exam I started to feel much better and less nervous

you'll get used to it~~!!!!

btw please DO NOT send me any msg to me asking me to give hints since I'm taking the exams earlier than most people, I have received tons of PMs asking me for this!! Some even attempt to bribe me with money. This isn't fair and stop PMing me for this. (PMs of encouragements are of course welcome )

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by akk713)
    Keep it up everybody!!~~~

after I had my first exam I started to feel much better and less nervous

you'll get used to it~~!!!!

btw please DO NOT send me any msg to me asking me to give hints since I'm taking the exams earlier than most people, I have received tons of PMs asking me for this!! Some even attempt to bribe me with money. This isn't fair and stop PMing me for this. (PMs of encouragements are of course welcome )
    I had mine too!! One down....

I feel slightly (and weirdly) honoured to have been the first batch to take the exam in the world! Haha....

ReputationRep:
    well got my HL english A1 paper one outta the way...another, oh, eleven papers to go! I'm glad to have the ball rolling, but unfortunately english paper one is the EASIEST one! i wish i would have gotten my difficult exams first so they could just be over and done with! but anyway, it went quite well, managed to write 21 sides of paper! how did everyone else do? what other exams were today, besides english and physics?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by grace)
    it went quite well, managed to write 21 sides of paper! how did everyone else do? what other exams were today, besides english and physics?
    21 sides of paper?! 10 pages? How big is your handwriting?

ReputationRep:
    Had english SL I'd say it went allright, decent poem

HOlly! just how one can write that many pages in 90mins? Most of us here wrote 4-5pages :| 21? :eek:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by grace)
    well got my HL english A1 paper one outta the way...another, oh, eleven papers to go! I'm glad to have the ball rolling, but unfortunately english paper one is the EASIEST one! i wish i would have gotten my difficult exams first so they could just be over and done with! but anyway, it went quite well, managed to write 21 sides of paper! how did everyone else do? what other exams were today, besides english and physics?
    21 sides?

one letter per page?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BulMaster)
    Had english SL I'd say it went allright, decent poem

HOlly! just how one can write that many pages in 90mins? Most of us here wrote 4-5pages :| 21? :eek:
    i had more than 90 minutes, i'm higher so i got two hours! and it wasnt 21 PAGES, just 21 SIDES, ie eleven pages, written on both sides except the last one which was only written on one side. And vavavoom, my handwriting is actually quite small! (my english teacher says it's the size of the writing on a poster in a doll's house!) i just had alot to say

ReputationRep:
    You should join the olimpic team for fast writers ot something

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by grace)
    i had more than 90 minutes, i'm higher so i got two hours! and it wasnt 21 PAGES, just 21 SIDES, ie eleven pages, written on both sides except the last one which was only written on one side. And vavavoom, my handwriting is actually quite small! (my english teacher says it's the size of the writing on a poster in a doll's house!) i just had alot to say
    Really?! Wow, you must have a super fast hand then!

ReputationRep:
    2.625 pages every 15mins hope that helps

ReputationRep:
    2.625 pages every 15mins hope that helps
    You also have to calculate the time she spent reading and annotating the text so it'll be more like less that 10 mins...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by vavavoom)
    You also have to calculate the time she spent reading and annotating the text so it'll be more like less that 10 mins...
    dunno, my handwriting got really messy but my hand was just flying! but i always write loads, in the mocks my average was about 18-20 sides, so its just the way i am?!

ReputationRep:
    after all it's quality that matters not quantity but you sure write a lot

ReputationRep:
    after all it's quality that matters not quantity but you sure write a lot
    very very true, it IS quality not quantity (hopefully my stuff was quality tho!)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by grace)
    very very true, it IS quality not quantity (hopefully my stuff was quality tho!)

ReputationRep:
    Ok people tell us how the first day went =) I have a couple of mins here beforei got learn 2 years of business and management HL :confused:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by grace)
    dunno, my handwriting got really messy but my hand was just flying! but i always write loads, in the mocks my average was about 18-20 sides, so its just the way i am?!
    ouch 21 sides, your arm must really kill now!! i hope your hand can keep up with your brain over the next few weeks!!
    I have to say english may be the easiest exam, but then the first exam is always the worst.
    Was just wondering is there anyone out there for whom the IB exams are the first official exams that they have taken? and how did you find it? (I realise that the government in the UK is just a little exam crazy setting exams for their darling youths every four years, so i think that i'm a too relaxed about another set- any good tips on getting me to pannick so that i realise that the exams have started?!)

ReputationRep:
    everybody came out of physics saying it was very easy and that they studied 2 years for nothing cause it was v easy

do u guyz think this may apply to to other exams :O

ReputationRep:
    Hope so! Sepcialy for math methods! pls make it easy IBO, pls make it easy IBO

ReputationRep:
    Hey! Im in spain and i had my first exam today too. English A1 High.. it went pretty good! I'm happy.. not looking forward to thursday and friday though.. Maths :eek:
    how did u all do? good luck!

University open days

1. Loughborough University
    General Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 21 Sep '18
  2. University of Cambridge
    Churchill College Undergraduate
    Fri, 21 Sep '18
  3. Richmond, The American International University in London
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 21 Sep '18
Poll
Which accompaniment is best?
Applying to university
Uni match

Your perfect course is here

Let our match making tool match you up with your ideal uni

Make your revision easier

Study Help rules and posting guidelines

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.