ozzolins
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 years ago
Hi friends

I am willing to go abroad next year with Erasmus, but I have several questions about this programme.

• I am studying cyber security, therefore I don't have too many options to choose from - most programmes are in foreign languages. How does this work? Am I supposed to learn this language beforehand?
  • I have found quite a lot of cyber security Masters programme that are taught in English. Is it possible for me to take the Masters programme's modules even though I am Bachelors student?
Compact
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Each University is different, both the one you're at and the one you're going to. In most cases, you can choose modules that relate to your course but isn't 100% the same.
I'm a Accounting student but I'm technically studying a Business, Administration and Management degree for my Erasmus year and I even picked modules that I'd never get to do with my degree. I guess you could choose something nearer to Computer Science maybe to widen your options?

About the masters part, I doubt you can but it's worth stopping by the department that deal with Erasmus placements at your Uni just to be sure.
ozzolins
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 years ago
Thanks for the reply. Though, I talked to my module leader and she made it pretty clear that you cannot skip any of the modules that can be found in Year 2 syllabus, otherwise you cannot get a degree, so really good match-match module situation should be during this placement. When would you recommend to start dealing with communication & paperwork?
Compact
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by ozzolins)
Thanks for the reply. Though, I talked to my module leader and she made it pretty clear that you cannot skip any of the modules that can be found in Year 2 syllabus, otherwise you cannot get a degree, so really good match-match module situation should be during this placement. When would you recommend to start dealing with communication & paperwork?
Sorry about this late reply

In your case I would recommend following your University guidelines. Usually the initial deadline is around January so start looking at your options beforehand (during Christmas). You won't pick modules until you go through the application for the host university which is after the first application so make sure you know which universities offers the modules you need.

Maybe you could have a list of Universities that offer English courses then narrow down the ones that offer the modules you need. If there are none then you'd have to study them in a foreign language, in that case you definitely need to study the language beforehand. Even though all my modules are in English I still needed to know basic Spanish before they let me enrol.

Any paper work you need to do will be after the January deadline (if the schedule of your University is similar to mine). A lot of universities have online applications so you probably won't need to send anything abroad, but again you will need to research this as you're picking the Country and university you want to go to. You'll need to sign a agreement form for the grant which can be done before you're accepted. Your university should let you know when and where to get it from.

Your university should have a list of partner Unis abroad, if you haven't got it do ask them since that will be a good starting point.

I think this post is lengthy and confusing enough there's more forms to sign once all the above is sorted but I wouldn't worry about them just yet. I don't know if any of this was of much use but I'm happy to help if I can.

Posted from TSR Mobile
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you have the space and resources you need to succeed in home learning?

Yes I have everything I need (188)
57.85%
I don't have everything I need (137)
42.15%

Watched Threads