The Student Room Group

Declaring GCSE Resits

Hello guys,

I am freaking out as I sent my UCAS off 2 days ago and was told to only enter my best GCSE grades.
I did an early entry for maths in 2012 and got a D, retook on higher and got a B later on.
I only stated that I got a B on my application, but after reading some posts on TSR I'm seeing that I need to add my D as well.

I'm so scared now as the uni I want requires a B in maths minimum, will this D in my first exam risk my chances of being accepted?
I'm planning to ring UCAS tomorrow so they can inform my uni's but then will uni's withdraw my application on the basis it could count as withholding qualifications?

Thanks for any help!
http://www.ucas.com/how-it-all-works/undergraduate/tracking-your-application/making-changes

I think you'd fall under changes to exams and courses. It's an honest mistake so don't panic. You're only human.
Reply 2
Original post by RachaelBee
http://www.ucas.com/how-it-all-works/undergraduate/tracking-your-application/making-changes

I think you'd fall under changes to exams and courses. It's an honest mistake so don't panic. You're only human.

Thank you, do you think it's better to email UCAS rather than each university individually then?
I'm panicking though as I really don't want them to reject me as despite meeting their minimum requirement of a B, it took me another try to get that grade, and I didn't originally declare it as I didn't realise :cry:
Original post by Chloe57
Thank you, do you think it's better to email UCAS rather than each university individually then?
I'm panicking though as I really don't want them to reject me as despite meeting their minimum requirement of a B, it took me another try to get that grade, and I didn't originally declare it as I didn't realise :cry:

Yes, try UCAS first. There's a period where you're allowed to change your application so if you contact them quick enough you might catch it in time. You could email your individual universities too but UCAS might be able to do it all at once.
Reply 4
Original post by RachaelBee
Yes, try UCAS first. There's a period where you're allowed to change your application so if you contact them quick enough you might catch it in time. You could email your individual universities too but UCAS might be able to do it all at once.

Thanks so much,
praying that the uni still considers me :cry2:
Original post by Chloe57
Thanks so much,
praying that the uni still considers me :cry2:

It has been a few days and you're the one bringing up the mistake rather than getting caught out being deceptive. If an establishment ruled you out on the basis I'd be seriously questioning the sort of learning environment they have and whether I still wanted to go there!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending