The Student Room Group

The Multi-Store Model Of Memory

Does anyone know the answer to this question?

'What is the term used to describe the form in which information is retained?'

The parts of the answer which I already know are 'Hxxnxixx' where each x represents a letter which I haven't yet filled in on the crossword.
(The answer is 8 boxes long on the crossword but on the hint it says (7) :s)

Thanks !!!:smile:
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 1
Original post by TheFinalFlare

Hi, would you be able to help me? :smile:
Ooooh I studied this at AS darn I forgot. Isn't there two though cos like there's the long and short term memory
Reply 3
Original post by Safiya122
Ooooh I studied this at AS darn I forgot. Isn't there two though cos like there's the long and short term memory

Ooh. I'm fairly strong in MSM Atkison and Shiffrin but I thought that the term was 'encoding' or simply 'format' but I can't think of a term beginning with H to describe this /:
Original post by beyknowles
Ooh. I'm fairly strong in MSM Atkison and Shiffrin but I thought that the term was 'encoding' or simply 'format' but I can't think of a term beginning with H to describe this /:

this is what happens...you revise for the exam and then you forget it all :frown: sorry i can't be of much help, i suggest visiting getrevising.co.uk, that might help
Reply 5
this is what happens...you revise for the exam and then you forget it all :frown: sorry i can't be of much help, i suggest visiting getrevising.co.uk, that might help

Thanks, I wonder if you can be of assistance in a different way? What course are you doing at Uni at the moment? You said you were partly studying it so I am curious :colondollar:
Thanks, I wonder if you can be of assistance in a different way? What course are you doing at Uni at the moment? You said you were partly studying it so I am curious :colondollar:

Sure! I started university this year, finished sixth form this year. I study behavioural sciences which is partly psychology and sociology
Reply 7
Sure! I started university this year, finished sixth form this year. I study behavioural sciences which is partly psychology and sociology

That sounds great. Do you have any specific career aims? And does the course include any other sciences other then those two? I'd guess there may be a bit of Biology in there? Maybe not though
That sounds great. Do you have any specific career aims? And does the course include any other sciences other then those two? I'd guess there may be a bit of Biology in there? Maybe not though

Erm not an biology there's a bit of politics in there but I don't really know what i want to do when i leave maybe go into prison or social work :smile: do you have any plans on what to do?
Reply 9
Erm not an biology there's a bit of politics in there but I don't really know what i want to do when i leave maybe go into prison or social work :smile: do you have any plans on what to do?

Cool! I am studying Psychology, Human Biology and French at AS. I definitely don't want to take Biology any further than A2 and I don't think studying French would be as beneficial as Pychology at Uni. I would like to have an above average salary, because, after all, I don't want to have worked so hard and for so long on education to end up i.e. becoming a teacher which is fairly average pay when I can earn more and live how I want to, do you understand what I mean?

For that reason, I have considered studying Psychology at Uni in hope of securing a job which is high paid. I mean, I wouldn't mind being a Clinical Psychologist but they are paid almost exactly the same on the same scale as teachers. I would love to become an educational psychologist but I understand that, like Neuropsychology, you have to stay in education/training for a long time i.e. you have to become a psychologist for so many years before going into neuropsychology and a lot of people become teachers for so many years before they can go on to train as an education psychologist. This sort of puts me off.

Sorry for the paragraphs haha !
Cool! I am studying Psychology, Human Biology and French at AS. I definitely don't want to take Biology any further than A2 and I don't think studying French would be as beneficial as Pychology at Uni. I would like to have an above average salary, because, after all, I don't want to have worked so hard and for so long on education to end up i.e. becoming a teacher which is fairly average pay when I can earn more and live how I want to, do you understand what I mean?

For that reason, I have considered studying Psychology at Uni in hope of securing a job which is high paid. I mean, I wouldn't mind being a Clinical Psychologist but they are paid almost exactly the same on the same scale as teachers. I would love to become an educational psychologist but I understand that, like Neuropsychology, you have to stay in education/training for a long time i.e. you have to become a psychologist for so many years before going into neuropsychology and a lot of people become teachers for so many years before they can go on to train as an education psychologist. This sort of puts me off.

Sorry for the paragraphs haha !

hahaha oh it's fine i don't think anyone wants a job with a low pay but the beauty of subjects like sociology and psychology is that there's always some job you can do that's interlinked with it :smile:
Reply 11
bmp
Reply 12
plz
plz

Let us know if you find it out?!

Fancy uploading the crossword somehow?
I love a good crossword :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest