Turn on thread page Beta

Advanced Extensions watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    hey, is anyone else doing special papers for special people (read mentally deranged, masochistic) in chemistry and/or bio? theyre next and i know nothing!!

xxx

Unless you have offers from Oxbridge, hardly any people would need to do these AEAs. Ugh, 3 hour exams are a complete pain, by the way.

ReputationRep:
    4As or 3As and distinction in AEA *breaks down*

just looking through past papers and chem is a joke, except not a funny one.

dont suppose u know how well u hav to do to do well?

xxx

ReputationRep:
    I did biology last year, and I thought it was OK. Fun actually because you had more of a free reign rather than testing whether you had memorised every little fact on your syllabus. It didn't need any special preparation although I did give the sample paper a go.

ReputationRep:
    how did u do?

this years was ok but i missed out some key points in the essays and other qs

do you hav to do really well to get a distinction?

xxx

ReputationRep:
    I got a distinction... but I was the first year so maybe they took into account that there were few sample papers available and many schools offered no preparation. I don't know what my raw score was... it doesn't say on the slip.

ReputationRep:
    iv just done chem that was a bit fat joke think i answered bout 30% of it

nice one on the distinction, lets hope its low boundaries!!

xxx

(Original post by Unregistered)
    Unless you have offers from Oxbridge, hardly any people would need to do these AEAs. Ugh, 3 hour exams are a complete pain, by the way.
    no it is not, it is pretty fun actually, you should try it.
    such a pity i couldn't score full marks on that paper.

ReputationRep:
    dont think fun is a word to describe these papers!

ReputationRep:
    Can you only do AEAs in Sciences?

(Original post by Lord Huntroyde)
    Can you only do AEAs in Sciences?
    AEA's are available in several subjects apart from sciences - one that springs to mind in German. If you go to the qca website and highlight AEA you'll get a list of all options.

ReputationRep:
    Biology, chemistry, maths, economics and some languages - but that might not be the lot. The different boards are in charge of a few each (e.g. Edexcel 'handles' the maths and AQA does the biology and chemistry AEAs).

Ben

Poll
Do you like exams?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.