tue
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 years ago
I want to study a psychology degree at a russell group uni and I want to do Biology, Maths. Further Maths and Psychology.I don't have any essay based subjects, is that okay? Any other advice about psychology degrees or revision tips to make sure that I can get good grades?Thanks in advance!
Safiya122
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by tue)
I want to study a psychology degree at a russell group uni and I want to do Biology, Maths. Further Maths and Psychology.I don't have any essay based subjects, is that okay? Any other advice about psychology degrees or revision tips to make sure that I can get good grades?Thanks in advance!
psychology is an essay based subject and just basically practice essay writing
jadys10
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
At universities, all exams will be in essay format so don't worry about it for now. Try keep up with your english and improve your grammar and create your own style by exposing yourself to a variety of different use of language from fiction books to newspapers and science magazines.

It would be best for you to aim for AAB for a good chance to get into Rusell group universities, and mostly if not all As for AS.

Start by making a detailed timetable with breaks that you'll stick to. Like how much time you would allocate to spending on homework and revision, and small breaks in between, and any other things such as meal times, shower etc. Set a reasonable time to go to bed so you get enough rest to be prepared to work productively the next day and a reminder of the goal you're working towards to motivate yourself so you would less likely be distracted from working. Keep your phone and computer away for periods of time. Anything you need to research try look for the answer in books and notes to refrain from using the Internet as you can easily get distracted. Or alternatively, you could write down the question and search for the answer at a later time once you've completed the rest of the hw or revision.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What support do you need with your UCAS application?

I need help researching unis (23)
13.37%
I need help researching courses (12)
6.98%
I need help with filling out the application form (9)
5.23%
I need help with my personal statement (72)
41.86%
I need help with understanding how to make my application stand out (40)
23.26%
I need help with something else (let us know in the thread!) (3)
1.74%
I'm feeling confident about my application and don't need any help at the moment (13)
7.56%

Watched Threads