The Student Room Group

Skin Problems

I have a combination of dry skin on my cheeks and oily on my nose, forehead and chin. I was wondering what specific products should I use to wash and moisturise my face daily? I have LOTS of spots around my face and my skin looks dull and unpleasant during the day... (I'm a male, if that changes anything) Thank you for any recommendations...

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Original post by chromesilver7
I have a combination of dry skin on my cheeks and oily on my nose, forehead and chin. I was wondering what specific products should I use to wash and moisturise my face daily? I have LOTS of spots around my face and my skin looks dull and unpleasant during the day... (I'm a male, if that changes anything) Thank you for any recommendations...

That's pretty vague, posting a picture may help
Reply 2

Maybe see a dermatologist?
I don't really want to take a picture or see a dermatologist
I basically wanted to know the best exfoliator and face wash that you would recommend...
My spots are not red, but like small but frequent bumps on my cheeks especially and some on my nose...
Thanks for the help...
So could anyone help me out here?
Drink about 3 litres of water a day (trust me it helps!), apply witch hazel gel to your spots (you can get it really cheap in boots), use face masks from a shop called Lush (I know it may seem a girly thing but trust me they help loads!!) and use a good moisturiser, there is one called Nivea Soft that is very cheap but really good quality. Lush also do a amazing soap for problem skin called Fresh Farmacy(again , may seem girly but please try it) wash your face at least once a day, before you go to bed and in the morning if you have time. After you've washed your face apply the witch hazel and moisturiser. My skin used to be terrible but idling all these things have really helped me and will most likely help you as well :smile:
Reply 6
I have some red spots on my skin that never go. I applied a dozen moisturisers , fave wash and other ****..

Do you have any quick solution to this ?

Posted from TSR Mobile
If you've tried a lot of stuff then you should go see a dermatologist/GP, they will be able to help you :smile: but do try drink lots of water you will see a difference within a few weeks but I would recommend going to see a dermatologist, good luck! :smile:
Reply 8
Original post by Katiepinkwood
If you've tried a lot of stuff then you should go see a dermatologist/GP, they will be able to help you :smile: but do try drink lots of water you will see a difference within a few weeks but I would recommend going to see a dermatologist, good luck! :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 9
Original post by Katiepinkwood

Do you know which lip balm is best for chappy lips ? I want to moisturise and add a bit of redness to my lips.. :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 9 years ago)
I'm a guy and have the same skin type (by the sounds of it) as you do. Feel free to private message me If you want to know my skin routine (which helps a lot) :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Try just a flannel and warm water - nothing else - my skin is always at its best when I just do this for some reason.
The oil cleansing method is also pretty good, look it up.
Reply 12
Hi , I would like to show you the spots on my face. Ah I'm too tired about trying everything to remove them but they never go.

Can anyone over here give me some suggestions or tips , please? 1416511016751.jpg

Posted from TSR Mobile
I'd advise you to give Lush's 'Cosmetic Warrior' facemask a try. I work there, and usually recommend this facemask for sensitive and spot prone skin; the grape juice really helps to soothe any soreness and the garlic and tea tree are both antibacterial, which help cure and prevent future breakouts. I've had quite a few regular customers come into the store and tell me that this specific mask works wonders on sore, red acne, so i'd definitely say it's worth a try!
As for a moisturiser, Lush's 'Enzymion' is targeted at oily skin (i use this myself and it works incredibly- it doesn't completely smother my face and cause me to break out in spots like most products do), and their 'Vanishing Cream' is suited for normal-oily skin. If you go into the store and tell them you want a sample of each moisturiser they'll happily help you :smile:
Original post by IshBishhh
I'd advise you to give Lush's 'Cosmetic Warrior' facemask a try. I work there, and usually recommend this facemask for sensitive and spot prone skin; the grape juice really helps to soothe any soreness and the garlic and tea tree are both antibacterial, which help cure and prevent future breakouts. I've had quite a few regular customers come into the store and tell me that this specific mask works wonders on sore, red acne, so i'd definitely say it's worth a try!
As for a moisturiser, Lush's 'Enzymion' is targeted at oily skin (i use this myself and it works incredibly- it doesn't completely smother my face and cause me to break out in spots like most products do), and their 'Vanishing Cream' is suited for normal-oily skin. If you go into the store and tell them you want a sample of each moisturiser they'll happily help you :smile:

I should sort of tell you off for kind of advertising, but I have to say, I've found cosmetic warrior to be something of a "miracle cure" if I've had a breakout a few days before a big event, using it every night clears it right up,
Original post by Kabloomybuzz
I should sort of tell you off for kind of advertising, but I have to say, I've found cosmetic warrior to be something of a "miracle cure" if I've had a breakout a few days before a big event, using it every night clears it right up,

definitely not advertising, just suggestions? They're the products that I think will be most likely to help from experience, its not like they're my own :') But you're right, cosmetic warrior is supposed to be a pretty good miracle worker.

might sound stupid but go to clinique it is expensive though...it has worked sooooo much i had a rash developing on my left hand side of the cheek went to the doc's only gave me strong cream something like which only would have made my skin thin...used it for one week did made a difference but with clinique's product it worked wonders

plenty of water, cut junk food trust me since i changed my diet i too noticed a big difference

all the best
Reply 17
Original post by IshBishhh

Thanks for your advice :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Sollom
Thanks for your advice :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

no problem, I hope it helps :smile:
Thanks a lot! Are there any ways instead of using creams to reduce the appearance of spots and make skin lighter?

Quick Reply

Latest