The Student Room Group

Skin Problems

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by chromesilver7
I have a combination of dry skin on my cheeks and oily on my nose, forehead and chin. I was wondering what specific products should I use to wash and moisturise my face daily? I have LOTS of spots around my face and my skin looks dull and unpleasant during the day... (I'm a male, if that changes anything) Thank you for any recommendations...

Have a read through the guides on www.manface.uk - it's really good and gives recommendations of products that will help. There's another site, www.boyface.uk which focuses on the cheaper stuff that will do similar things.

Sounds like you need a facewash, toner, and moisturiser as well as something else for the flareups. By all means get in touch with the guy who runs the site, I've spoken to him before and he's really helpful.
Do you know of any good exfoliating washes and any good moisturisers that I can buy from a supermarket?
Thank you...
Do you know of any good exfoliating washes and any good moisturisers that I can buy from a supermarket?
Thank you...

Exfoliation: hot water and a flannel/washcloth. Just gently rub off the dead skin with the flannel each day

Moisturiser: Simple light moisturiser.
Thank you so much for the advice.
I wanted to know any specific products (exfoliators and moisturisers) that are highly-rated and are available to purchase from any supermarket.
Sorry for being so picky...
Thank you so much for the advice.
I wanted to know any specific products (exfoliators and moisturisers) that are highly-rated and are available to purchase from any supermarket.
Sorry for being so picky...

What works for someone else will not necessarily work for you. Its a case of trial and error, trying a few different things and seeing what works best for you. It can be a long process as you should really give any new product/routine 6-8 weeks to be able to be sure of improvement.

Quick Reply

Latest