The Student Room Group

Construction Management 2015 Entry

Haven't seen one like this but as a prospective construction management student would be nice to see what universities you guys are applying at and what offers you're getting feel free to comment

I applied today and sent off my application at
Loughborough (Construction Engineering Management )
Aston
Coventry
Salford
Nottingham Trent
Hey, just giving this thread a bump :bump: Are you sure you’ve posted in the right place? Posting in the specific university or course forum should help you get more responses. :yy:

If you haven’t already found it, then university connect is a really useful way for finding people at your course/university! You can also find a list of applicant threads and courses here. :h:
Reply 2
Hi I've applied for construction engineering management or construction management at loughborough, portsmouth, nottingham trent, bristol uwe and south wales. Got offers from the 4 but still waiting for a reply from loughborough which is my favourite. How about you?
Reply 3
Same I'm waiting on loughborough which is my favourite and I've got 4 offers from Salford Aston Coventry and Nottingham Trent, when did u send your application?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 4
ahh well done! Have u been to see loughborough? The 16th of December so nearly 3 weeks not including when they were shut over xmas, when did u send yours?
Reply 5
Yeah my sister used to study there so been a few times and yeah I sent mine way before on the 18th of November only got a confirmation email not any offers or anything :/

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 6
Ahh I haven't been to see it but I've heard good things! Your doing better than me I haven't heard a thing. Maybe they've been waiting for everyone to apply? What sort of grades are you predicted?
Reply 7
I'm predicted BBC in product design government and politics and business studies wbu?
Reply 8
ahh right! BBBA in maths physics geography and welsh bac but I definitely won't get the B in geography. Have you got any experience in construction?
Reply 9
Not in construction but team working and a little management as I worked shadowing a manger of a company, my school were so stiff with predicted grades even though I got CCCC in first year some people did worse and got predicted better but o well

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 10
Not too bad then I'm the same. Mine really didn't care for some reason, I think its down to the teachers you have really. I was really hoping to have heard off them this week since applying finished last week...
Reply 11
Considering it's a sponsored course I think they will take longer with applications and they will assess them once all applications are in and interviews will take place that's what I'm thinking

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 12
Well I now have an invite to an interview so I'm still in with a chance! have you heard anything back?
Reply 13
Yet to hear anything back yet it has been long and I'll wait until the end of the week, if I'm yet to get a reply I'll give the university a call 😊

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 14
Did your invite come by post or email?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 15
ye that sounds like a reasonable idea, I would think they'd get to everyone at a similar time. It came in the post
I applied for Project Management for Construction at Brighton. Received a conditional offer, was quite a speedy reply.

I am a mature student, any others that have taken the 'non conventional route'?

Thanks for starting this by the way.
Reply 17
Original post by DraperRepard
I applied for Project Management for Construction at Brighton. Received a conditional offer, was quite a speedy reply.

I am a mature student, any others that have taken the 'non conventional route'?

Thanks for starting this by the way.

I got an offer at Brighton too to study Project Management for Construction, thought I was the only one so far!
Hey,

I applied for 'BSc Project Management for Construction' at UCL through UCAS Extra. I loved the sound of the course and therefore changed from a Law degree, with offers from Manchester, Exeter, Cardiff and Swansea. It was fairly an easy decision because I knew I could not sit in Law lectures for 3 wholes years.
Reply 19
Hi guys, could you give me an advice/help?
I am an international student, coming to UK for a masters in Project Management (Construction).Which University is better? Reading University, Brookes or UCL? Apart to UCL that I am still waiting for a response, the other 2 gave me an offer.
Each ranking says different things, I want to have a personal opinion from you.Thanks

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending