The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Copperknickers
That haircut would never have been allowed in my school, or in any good, traditional school. About 20 people got sent home from my school once for not shaving.

lmao

Marx just wanted to do sociology but he wasn't allowed because he wouldn't shave his beard :/
It's just a quiff. A 'skinhead' is 10x more extreme than that.
It was just unshaved facial hair. All facial hair was banned. They went home and shaved, a couple of people complained, their complaints were ignored. That was the end of it.

What a ridiculous rule. What if people lived out of town, and their parents were at work all day?
Reply 23
Surely the real point is that what the hairstyle is or is not is not relevant. What is relevant is that if parents want schools to improve they should back the school not their offspring. For parents to publicly argue with a school over something like this undermines the school and undermines its teaching staff.

Yes, schools ought to be reasonable and rational with their decisions, in this instance on the surface the school decision looks a little odd, however possibly there is a back history of railing against authority and this is just one more instance.

A bit more respect for teachers from parents ,and that respect transferring to their offspring, would be a good step towards improving education; time spent controlling behaviour in schools is time spent not teaching.
Original post by DErasmus
lmao

Marx just wanted to do sociology but he wasn't allowed because he wouldn't shave his beard :/

And perhaps if Marx had gone to my school then millions of people wouldn't have been murdered in Russia and China in the name of his idiotic ideology.
Original post by Skip_Snip
What a ridiculous rule. What if people lived out of town, and their parents were at work all day?

They went to their friends' houses who lived close to the school and shaved there.
(edited 9 years ago)
They went to their friends' houses who lived close to the school and shaved there.

So pointless.

I'd have gone home and just not gone back til after lunch.
Original post by DJKL
Surely the real point is that what the hairstyle is or is not is not relevant. What is relevant is that if parents want schools to improve they should back the school not their offspring. For parents to publicly argue with a school over something like this undermines the school and undermines its teaching staff.

Yes, schools ought to be reasonable and rational with their decisions, in this instance on the surface the school decision looks a little odd, however possibly there is a back history of railing against authority and this is just one more instance.

A bit more respect for teachers from parents ,and that respect transferring to their offspring, would be a good step towards improving education; time spent controlling behaviour in schools is time spent not teaching.

Parents should support schools, but that does not mean they can't object when a school does something stupid and irrational. "Parents need to be supporting the school" should not protect a school from legitimate criticism.
Reply 28
Happened in my school before, not a biggie.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 29
I had a Beckham mohawk as a kid.
Looks quite good actually.
That's ridiculous. His haircut isn't distracting at all. In fact, it's pretty decent.

Posted from TSR Mobile
This is bizarre. Unless he's had a swear word shaved or dyed into his hair, there shouldn't be an issue at all IMO.
tbh these soccermen need to show an example to their young "fans" by sporting a sensible hairstyle. then when Junior copies his idol he will look neat and tidy and there will be no problem at school.
Original post by Gilo98
My school has started sending pupils home (irrelevant of year group - Yr7-Yr11) if their haircut is a grade 1 or below in length - maybe it's more common that we think? Stupid thing is that you then have to work in isolation until it grows back and exceeds the grade 1 length....

That is ****ing ridiculous :eek:
Why the **** are schools so hung up on uniform when education is far more important? Schools only seem to care about their own image and position in the league table, and not about the pupils they have a duty to educate.
Original post by Jemner01
Looks quite good actually.

I know right!Looks quite good!
Reply 36
Original post by StarvingAutist
That is ****ing ridiculous :eek:
Why the **** are schools so hung up on uniform when education is far more important? Schools only seem to care about their own image and position in the league table, and not about the pupils they have a duty to educate.

Especially given that we were put under special measures by OFSTED last year....
Original post by the bear
tbh these soccermen need to show an example to their young "fans" by sporting a sensible hairstyle. then when Junior copies his idol he will look neat and tidy and there will be no problem at school.

But that hairstyle isn't un-sensible.
Original post by Skip_Snip
But that hairstyle isn't un-sensible.

no silly... this is what i mean:

Alan_Turing.jpg
Original post by the bear
no silly... this is what i mean:

Alan_Turing.jpg

Well, that's appropriate mostly for institutions where they place the hereditary chip on one's shoulder and a stick up the ass, for a normal school the boy's hair is fine :smile:

Latest

Trending

Trending