The Student Room Group

Gcse options

Hey,
Im currently in Year9 and 13 years old. i just wanted to ask is childcare/child development a good subject and career. apparently the pay isnt good?
Reply 1
Depends on which tyoe you go into. Childcare in hospitals, like paediatrics, is well paid. Baby sitting on the other depends on how well known you are and how well you do, people telling their friends about you if you're really good at it. There's also teaching which falls under children education, not sure if it's childcare, and also social workers caring for orphaned children (the pay isn't good here either)
It's a wide variety
Maybe focus on the closest hurdle right now and go from there. Like choosing gcses. Your views and interests may change. Alevels are more important than gcses so just take it easy for now.
Reply 2
Original post by jadys10
Depends on which tyoe you go into. Childcare in hospitals, like paediatrics, is well paid. Baby sitting on the other depends on how well known you are and how well you do, people telling their friends about you if you're really good at it. There's also teaching which falls under children education, not sure if it's childcare, and also social workers caring for orphaned children (the pay isn't good here either)
It's a wide variety
Maybe focus on the closest hurdle right now and go from there. Like choosing gcses. Your views and interests may change. Alevels are more important than gcses so just take it easy for now.

Thankyou for the advice x
Reply 3
Which is better business? Or English Literature? I'm in year 9 and I consistently get Level 5 in English am I good enough for English literature gcse?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest