The Student Room Group

Eating Disorder stories

Hi there, hoping some of you could help me out.

I am doing research for a mock documentary about eating disorders for my media course at university - it's not actually being made we just need a portfolio of all the documents we would present if we were going to make it for our grade.

My idea for the documentary would be to follow two people who have eating disorders through the process of recovery with the help of health professionals, personal trainers, nutritionists, etc whilst providing information about eating disorders, how others can be helped and if the media is partly to blame for the pressure to look a certain way.

I am just looking for people who have either gone through having an eating disorder themselves or who have been close to someone who has and it has effected them in some way to share their stories that I could quote in my research and what your opinion on this type of programme would be. I understand it is obviously a very personal matter so any help would be very much appreciated and respected.

I personally feel that there is so much focus on the likes of obesity, which is obviously an important issue too, that those suffering on the opposite end of the scale are being forgotten or are not taken as seriously.

Anyway, I hope some of you will help and I'd be very grateful for it :smile:
This sounds like a wonderful idea :smile:
Reply 2
I think if you're doing eating disorders you have to explain the variety of disorders there are otherwise you're just doing a video on anorexia. That's not a bad thing but titles are important for documentaries so you attract the right audiences.
You might also want to consider explaining how an eating disorder could be a symptom of a much different mental illness.

Hope that helps,
Nemo

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending