Asking permission for first kiss on a date: lame or sweet?

Watch
Poll: Asking permission for the first kiss
Lame (56)
64.37%
Sweet (31)
35.63%
Petyr24
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
Saw this on another forum, and the overwhelming response was lame, but most were of a older demographics, so I was wondering what the view is here on TSR.

Mainly looking for a female perspective btw
Rum Ham
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
I wouldn't think it was lame to ask but I personally wouldn't like it. To me, I think it would kill the atmosphere. I would rather a kiss was spontaneous.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
The law says you need permission, and you can be done for sexual assault if it's unwanted by the woman, however nobody in the real world is going to ask for a kiss and you're going to look like a moron if you do so.
Skip_Snip
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Lame. It's a mood killer. And you can pretty much always tell if they want to kiss.

That said, some feminist psychopaths would probably think a spontaneous kiss was sexual assault...
scrotgrot
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
I can't think of anything that would make you look more lame. When I was a youngster there was none of this neuroticism going around. We pedestalised girls, of course, but even the most crashing loser realised that when it got to that moment it was about abandon and going for it. Feminists have a lot to answer for, it seems.
carlaraptor
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
I think it is way better to just go for it, than to ask. Anytime a guy has asked me, it's kind of felt... awkward? If I'm on a date with someone, or it's obvious we're gonna kiss, I'd rather the guy just do it.
joker12345
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
With a stranger or someone you already knew? If it's a friend I'd prefer they go for it - if I was on a date with them I clearly like them so want more than friendship. If it's a stranger, I'd be getting to know them so asking would be fine/sweet.
Катя
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by Ajibola)
Saw this on another forum, and the overwhelming response was lame, but most were of a older demographics, so I was wondering what the view is here on TSR.

The only guy who's ever done it to me really pulled it off, ngl.

But I can certainly see how it could be awkward and terrible.
Катя
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by james1211)
The law says you need permission, and you can be done for sexual assault if it's unwanted by the woman, however nobody in the real world is going to ask for a kiss and you're going to look like a moron if you do so.
that law is for stuff like groping women in the workplace

...and kind of irrelevant here anyway
FasterThanFTL
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
I asked her, "Can I kiss you?" She replied, "Yes."
Emememily733
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
I like it when the guy just goes for it, picks a moment (a good moment) and just leans in.. shows he's got guts
username927016
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
I think it's better to not ask tbh, you have to look for the signs that they'd like it. If you lean towards them & then they back off then obviously they don't want one.
weevilface
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by Ajibola)

If you ask it just kind of shows you're really bad at reading the other person and it's a turn off. Go in slowly, if they don't seem interested and move towards you too, then you know without saying "Can I kiss you?" and having a flat out "No" or an awkward stumble. Asking sort of puts pressure on the other person too, whereas moving away from a lunge is just reflexive and makes it so you don't have to say outloud what you both already know.
username1229433
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
It's best to let it happen naturally. If you asked a girl for permission to kiss her, it would ruin the flow and it is quite "lame" as well.

Some girls may agree, others may disagree. It highly depends on the individual.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Petyr24
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
Hmm, interesting responses. I guess it's best pay close attention to body language.
Maid Marian
Report 5 years ago
Am I the only one who doesn't find this a mood killer? A guy said this to me and I thought it was sweet, 'cause he knew I was shy :lol:
Though he'd practically lunged on me earlier on and not given me much choice, sooo Not sure why he suddenly started being gentlemanly :rofl:
Катя
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
For what it's worth, the one guy who ever did this to me actually really pulled it off. It was more of a 'charmingly cocky remark with a smile' thing, though, rather than a stammering "uh, uh, can I kiss you now?" sort of thing.

Besides I think he said "I'm going to kiss you now", so maybe that was it.
HotCoco.
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
I have this before and I think it's sweet :-)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
smeehan98
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by Multitalented me)
I think it's better to ask tbh, you have to look for the signs that they'd like it. If you lean towards them & then they back off then obviously they don't want one.
That's more just going for it tbh. And I can't for the life of me think of any way you could literally ask her without either turning it into a joke or bringing on a literal f***tonne of awkward. Neither are what you really want before going for a kiss.
keturah
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
I wouldn't say it was lame but I'd prefer them not to ask. Although I once said to a guy are you going to kiss me then..
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

With HE fairs postponed, would a virtual HE fair be useful?

Yes (101)
61.21%
No (64)
38.79%

Watched Threads