The Student Room Group

Party advice

Ok, first and foremost, I am hoping to host a party with around 20 people in Christmas.

How can I convince my parents to buy me loads of booze and let me have the house?! My parents can be quite strict, so what would be the best way to go about this?

So, basically I go to boarding school - I have quite a few friends from home, some of whom will be invited , and I also want to have 2 guy friends down from school, and also, there is this girl who lives nearby - now, we get on really well, but I have never Really been to a party with her, and she is an extremely popular, but I am not as popular, but I really want her to come so any advice on how I could get her to come, and bring some people over from school?

I mean, I really want this to be a good party - I don't want people in school to think that I threw a Sh*te party haha, so, how can I make it as good as possible? :smile:
I think that this is going to be a tricky one. First of all, if it's on Christmas, your parents will probably want to be at home and your friends will probably want to be with their families. If it's before or after Christmas, that's a different matter, but many people do have plans around the holidays.

How old are you? That makes a big difference when it comes to the booze question. And if your parents are very strict, it's going to be tough. You will have to convince them that not only can they trust in you to look after yourself and the house, but that you can also take responsibility for your friends and their behaviour and well-being. So, you may want to offer to take some responsibilities before asking about the party, in order to prove yourself.

As for the girl - just ask her, either in person or, if you're at boarding school right now, via Facebook or whatever social media website you're both on.

Good luck! :smile:
Original post by Kittiara
I think that this is going to be a tricky one. First of all, if it's on Christmas, your parents will probably want to be at home and your friends will probably want to be with their families. If it's before or after Christmas, that's a different matter, but many people do have plans around the holidays.

How old are you? That makes a big difference when it comes to the booze question. And if your parents are very strict, it's going to be tough. You will have to convince them that not only can they trust in you to look after yourself and the house, but that you can also take responsibility for your friends and their behaviour and well-being. So, you may want to offer to take some responsibilities before asking about the party, in order to prove yourself.

As for the girl - just ask her, either in person or, if you're at boarding school right now, via Facebook or whatever social media website you're both on.

Good luck! :smile:

First of all thanks for the reply :smile:

I guess I didn't make this so clear but I was meaning essay the start of the Christmas holidays :smile:

I am 16 and a half.i don't actually think they have a problem with ME drinking, as they give me alcohol quite a lot, I think it's being resposible for the other people drinking, which my mum in particular doesn't like, which I do get, to be fair.

And you're righti should just ask the girl. There's nothing to be lost. She's actually already said she wanted to meet up with me and my friends from school during the hols, but I've not mentioned a party :smile:
Original post by hownwbrowncow
First of all thanks for the reply :smile:

I guess I didn't make this so clear but I was meaning essay the start of the Christmas holidays :smile:

I am 16 and a half.i don't actually think they have a problem with ME drinking, as they give me alcohol quite a lot, I think it's being resposible for the other people drinking, which my mum in particular doesn't like, which I do get, to be fair.

And you're righti should just ask the girl. There's nothing to be lost. She's actually already said she wanted to meet up with me and my friends from school during the hols, but I've not mentioned a party :smile:

Tell people to bring their own drink, that's what most people do.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Reps4Jesus
Tell people to bring their own drink, that's what most people do.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Oh yeah, I'll definitely do that!

The problem is convincing my parents that nothing will go wrong while they're away. They might have their own party to go to anyway, bur any idea how I could approach this?
Success! The party is happening! About 20 people at home 7.30 till 12, parents going out between 7 and 11! Am I doing it right? :biggrin:

Any tips on how to make this good?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending