The Student Room Group

Transgender Day Of Remembrance: Post Your Purple Pictures Here!

Hiiii :smile:

Today is TDOR, (read the title and/or Google it), and a tradition is to wear purple on 20th November to honour and remember transgender people who have died unnecessarily and horribly. :sad:

Why does it matter? Firstly, it's Transgender Awareness Week from 14th November - 22nd (I think) November, annually and rightfully: we do exist! Secondly, I myself am transgender, more specifically transsexual, FTM. But I would support the cause even if I were cisgender. And lastly- because it is worthwhile, meaningful, important and huge!

So obviously, I wore purple. Yes, I used nail polish. :yes: No, I do not care. :nah: I often consider myself androgynous anyway! :fleurdelis:

Here is a pic I posted on Facebook, hashtags and all lol:

Spoiler

So I have made this thread for you either:

A: Post a selfie or something of the like of you wearing something purple or doing something specifically for TDOR and/or Transgender Awareness Week.

B: Post a comment about what you think of my pic, my thread, someone else's pic or whatever (but no transphobia or anything-phobia, no bigotry or spamming etc). If you decide to be an ******* on my very personal and important (and fabulous!) thread, then the mods will throw their colour cards at you and eat you up for breakfast and I will laugh at your pathetic bull****, whilst I reign supreme as King! :banned: :danceboy:

C: Just float around here, maybe rep a few people, just be passive and mysterious. :iiam:

D: Just be awesome! :kissing2:

Or E: All of the above! :fleurdelis:

Peace to us all. :grouphugs:

Be fabulous. :3

~Luke~
:smile:

EDIT: :fyi: I acknowledge that this was posted on 21st November- LIES! :lol: TDOR is in fact 20th November, the thread just had to be approved by a mod first, which took a day lol. So yeah.

Anyway- hi beautiful. :wink: You're awesome! :smile:
(edited 9 years ago)
It's sad to see this post all lonely and quiet. I have no pictures to share, but I do like your nails, and I am in full support of equality and support for transgender people. :smile:
Original post by Kittiara
It's sad to see this post all lonely and quiet. I have no pictures to share, but I do like your nails, and I am in full support of equality and support for transgender people. :smile:

Thank you :3 :smile:
Great thread :smile: Here is some purple for you :biggrin:

Original post by Morrisseya
Great thread :smile: Here is some purple for you :biggrin:

:shock: SO. MUCH. PURPLE. YES! :biggrin:

Spoiler

And aww. :3 Thank you. :ta: Just awesome. :smile:
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by Rainbow Student
:shock: SO. MUCH. PURPLE. YES! :biggrin:

Spoiler

And aww. :3 Thank you. :ta: Just awesome. :smile: