I Need Help With Concentration Levels Immediately, Please Help Me.. Watch

inachigeek21
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
Hey.
So as you can tell from the title I have been suffering and struggling with inadequate concentration levels every day, and most importantly, it always occurs from my arrival of my institution (school); it occurs at 5PM after school and I tend to fall asleep for about 2-3 hours persistently.
This is problematic for my academics because I've provided insufficient amounts of dedicated attention and my knowledge base is rather ridiculous and easy to mock at.
Additionally, when I wake up from the sleep I cannot seem to arrive back to my work I left and to then resume just as easily. Just why?
It cannot be due to sleep because at the beginning of this academic year I use to sleep from 12AM - 2AM every day due to revision, plus I was able to retain in all the information I revised quite clearly without any form of complexities. This was the same in year 9, too.
And yes, I was able to revise rather quite rigorously the days after, but it all came into a downward spiral in the mid of October as there were moments and there still is moments of poor focus and continuous sleep.
Can anyone answer why? And I also sleep at 12- 1AM to this day and wake up at 8AM, or sometimes at 06:40AM for my books or additional study.
This trend is rather similar to year 9 because that year, too, asI use to sleep involuntarily, without noticing, and just passing out in my room.
I use to take energy pills in year 9 as I still had exams along the way and the ending of the year was soon to come, so I had to revise vigorously continuously each day.
Although my studious character was formed due to trauma, which had then resulted in a mental breakdown, including suicidal thoughts in the meltdown.
This studious character was not due to traumatic experiences, but my keen desire to become a straight A student across the whole spectrum of my subjects. This desire was formed by my ultimate goal in life: A PhD in chemistry.
To this present day I still consume energy pills and vitamin supplements for undivided focus, but it fails to succeed.
And ideas, advice or logical explanations will be largely appreciated.
Thank you in advance.
I've also been considering this 'study drugs' called 'ritalin' and 'adderall' for a boost in concentration levels, but it also succeeds to give a edge, which would be quite useful in this presence.
It has been largely known that these drugs have been consumed by college students for frequent focus, and it is very beneficial I must say.
I've been contemplating this matter as it seems it would be beneficial for myself and my academics.
inachigeek21
Rep:
?
Bump....? Anyone...?
inachigeek21
Rep:
?
Bump.
ckfeister
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Well I'm doing homeschool and here 1 fact

When you study at start 100% concentration after 45 minutes about 85% then after another 15 minutes it goes down to 25% (1 hour then) so do it in 40 minute chunks and 5-10 minute breaks
ckfeister
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Also, you must have at least 8 hours of sleep, 9 if you want to be smart
plasmaman
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by inachigeek21)
Hey.
So as you can tell from the title I have been suffering and struggling with inadequate concentration levels every day, and most importantly, it always occurs from my arrival of my institution (school); it occurs at 5PM after school and I tend to fall asleep for about 2-3 hours persistently.
This is problematic for my academics because I've provided insufficient amounts of dedicated attention and my knowledge base is rather ridiculous and easy to mock at.
Additionally, when I wake up from the sleep I cannot seem to arrive back to my work I left and to then resume just as easily. Just why?
It cannot be due to sleep because at the beginning of this academic year I use to sleep from 12AM - 2AM every day due to revision, plus I was able to retain in all the information I revised quite clearly without any form of complexities. This was the same in year 9, too.
And yes, I was able to revise rather quite rigorously the days after, but it all came into a downward spiral in the mid of October as there were moments and there still is moments of poor focus and continuous sleep.
Can anyone answer why? And I also sleep at 12- 1AM to this day and wake up at 8AM, or sometimes at 06:40AM for my books or additional study.
This trend is rather similar to year 9 because that year, too, asI use to sleep involuntarily, without noticing, and just passing out in my room.
I use to take energy pills in year 9 as I still had exams along the way and the ending of the year was soon to come, so I had to revise vigorously continuously each day.
Although my studious character was formed due to trauma, which had then resulted in a mental breakdown, including suicidal thoughts in the meltdown.
This studious character was not due to traumatic experiences, but my keen desire to become a straight A student across the whole spectrum of my subjects. This desire was formed by my ultimate goal in life: A PhD in chemistry.
To this present day I still consume energy pills and vitamin supplements for undivided focus, but it fails to succeed.
Thank you in advance.
I've also been considering this 'study drugs' called 'ritalin' and 'adderall' for a boost in concentration levels, but it also succeeds to give a edge, which would be quite useful in this presence.
It has been largely known that these drugs have been consumed by college students for frequent focus, and it is very beneficial I must say.
I've been contemplating this matter as it seems it would be beneficial for myself and my academics.
Mate you need 6-8 hours sleep minimum.
You won't be able to revise properly immediately after waking. It'll take you an hour or two to be ready for studying.
Don't worry about energy supplements, just get plenty of rest and eat well
And you really don't need Ritalin.
NerdyMeg
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Depression, mental breakdown or trauma can be one of the reason for in adequate concetration.

Are you depressed? You've mentioned that you have had mental breakdowns before.

Depression is the leading cause of this. The only thing you can do in this situation is to visit a doctor.

Do you shake your legs alot when you are sitting down?
Can you sit in a place and listen to someone for straight 30 minutes?
Do you tend to think of something else when someone is speaking to you?
Do you get confused about reality and dreams?

If you said yes to any of them, you may have ADHD.

Again, in this case you'll need to visit a doctor.

Bipolar disorder can also be another reason.

Lastly, every medicine has its good and bad effects. Did you consult any doctor before taking the energy pills? If not, you should have.

Don't buy any stupid drugs to increase your concentration. Even though they make you 'bright' for a moment. they have bad side effects in the long run.

I read an article where this was stated:

Symptoms of chronic illnesses or metabolic disorders that may occur along with concentration difficulty

Concentration difficulties may accompany symptoms related to chronic illnesses and metabolic disorders including:

Abdominal pain
Abnormal heart rhythm such as rapid heart rate (tachycardia) or slow heart rate (bradycardia)
Changes in skin
Confusion or loss of consciousness for even a brief moment
Difficulty breathing or rapid breathing
Fatigue
Feeling very thirsty
Frequent urination, or reduced or absent urination
Fruity breath
Muscle weakness
Nausea with or without vomiting
Other symptoms that may occur along with concentration difficulty

Concentration difficulties may accompany symptoms related to other problems such as injury, stroke, dementia, or psychiatric conditions. Examples include:

Change in sleep patterns
Changes in mood, personality or behavior
Confusion or loss of consciousness for even a brief moment
Difficulty with memory, thinking, talking, comprehension, writing or reading
Impaired balance and coordination
Loss of vision or changes in vision
Nausea with or without vomiting
Numbness, weakness or paralysis
Seizure
Severe headache

Concentration difficulties can be caused by medical, cognitive or psychological problems or may be related to sleep disorders or medications, alcohol or drugs.

Psychological conditions that can interfere with concentration include anxiety, depression, bipolar disorder, emotional trauma, and stress.

Medical causes of concentration difficulty

Concentration difficulty may be caused by medical conditions including:

Congestive heart failure (deterioration of the heart’s ability to pump blood)
Head trauma
Heavy metal poisoning
Infections
Kidney disease (which includes any type of kidney problem such as kidney stones, kidney failure, and kidney anomalies)
Liver disease (which includes any type of liver problem such as hepatitis, cirrhosis, and liver failure)
Medication side effects (improvement may take time after drug discontinuation)
Metabolic disorders and certain vitamin deficiencies
Pain syndromes
Seizure disorders
Sleep apnea (pauses in breathing during sleep)
Stroke
Vision disorders
Cognitive causes of concentration difficulty

Concentration difficulty can also be caused by cognitive problems including:

Attention deficit disorder
Delirium
Dementia
Learning disabilities
Psychological causes of concentration difficulty

Concentration difficulty can also be caused by psychological conditions including:

Alcohol or substance abuse
Anxiety
Bipolar disorder (alternating periods of depression and elevated mood)
Depression
Emotional trauma
Post Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD)
Schizophrenia (severe brain disorder affecting thought processes and emotional responses)
Stress
Serious or life-threatening causes of concentration difficulty

In some cases, concentration difficulty may be a symptom of a serious or life-threatening condition that should be immediately evaluated in an emergency setting. These include:

Brain or spinal cord injury
Brain or spinal cord tumor
Delirium
Drug overdose
Encephalitis (inflammation and swelling of the brain due to a viral infection or other causes)
Heat stroke
Kidney failure
Meningitis (infection of the membranes covering the brain and spinal cord)
Seizure
Sepsis (severe infection of the bloodstream)
Stroke
Questions for diagnosing the cause of concentration difficulty

To diagnose your condition, your doctor or licensed health care practitioner will ask you several questions related to your concentration difficulty including:

How long have you had difficulty with concentration?
Do you have any other symptoms?
Do you have any difficulties with sleeping?
Do you have any medical problems?
Did anything such as an injury or illness precede the symptoms?
What medications are you taking? Are you taking any new medications?
Do you drink any alcohol?
Are you using any street drugs?
What are the potential complications of concentration difficulty?

Because concentration difficulty can be due to serious diseases, failure to seek treatment can result in serious complications and permanent damage. Once the underlying cause is diagnosed, it is important for you to follow the treatment plan that you and your health care professional design specifically for you to reduce the risk of potential complications including:

Developmental delays and failure to thrive
Learning disability
Paralysis or inability to move a body part
Permanent cognitive impairment
Permanent loss of sensation
Personality changes
Physical disability

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I will suggest you should consult a doctor.
NerdyMeg
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by inachigeek21)
Hey.
Thank you in advance.

Look at my reply above. It might help and don't worry. Things will be alright.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Bournemouth University
    Clearing Open Day Undergraduate
    Wed, 31 Jul '19
  • Staffordshire University
    Postgraduate open event - Stoke-on-Trent campus Postgraduate
    Wed, 7 Aug '19
  • University of Derby
    Foundation Open Event Further education
    Wed, 7 Aug '19

Are you tempted to change your firm university choice on A-level results day?

Yes, I'll try and go to a uni higher up the league tables (161)
17.48%
Yes, there is a uni that I prefer and I'll fit in better (81)
8.79%
No I am happy with my course choice (548)
59.5%
I'm using Clearing when I have my exam results (131)
14.22%

Watched Threads