Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Our stupid IB coordinator forced us to submit our extended essays to turnitin.com to check for plagiarism. But the problem is that now our essays are part of the turnitin.com database, so when i submit my EE again it shows that its 100% copied compared to the initial 2% which resulted from me copying the following: " the partial pressure of oxygen is "

Back to the point... do the IBO use turnitin??? Our IT director was not able to delete our essays from the database... so if the IBO use this site... we are kinda screwed.

ReputationRep:
    Given the site stores what you submit for comparaison, it will mean that is an unreliable source for the IBO to use. Also your name probably is also on the work there, so when i submit your EE it will say 100% similiar to Manaf or your real name I hope. I do not believe the IBO uses such sites, they probably use something much more secret, futile, advanced, expensive. After all if they make a mistake the law suits you can make on them will have dire results for the organization and the trust of it around the world. Sleep well and focus on the exams. EE is over and I must say, im not sure if it was good to have the deadline now. Our deadline for the EE was march the 6th i think and the everything else deadline was 29th of march. But Im trailing of topic here lol. Dont worry be happy and stay cool, even though i dont seem to manage to do any of the 3 things above

ReputationRep:
    Thanks mate, our deadline was the 28th of October... but this issue of turnitin has just come up... thats why i am pondering it now.... thanks anyways

(Original post by BulMaster)
    Given the site stores what you submit for comparaison, it will mean that is an unreliable source for the IBO to use. Also your name probably is also on the work there, so when i submit your EE it will say 100% similiar to Manaf or your real name I hope. I do not believe the IBO uses such sites, they probably use something much more secret, futile, advanced, expensive. After all if they make a mistake the law suits you can make on them will have dire results for the organization and the trust of it around the world. Sleep well and focus on the exams. EE is over and I must say, im not sure if it was good to have the deadline now. Our deadline for the EE was march the 6th i think and the everything else deadline was 29th of march. But Im trailing of topic here lol. Dont worry be happy and stay cool, even though i dont seem to manage to do any of the 3 things above

Poll
Which accompaniment is best?
Applying to university
Uni match

Your perfect course is here

Let our match making tool match you up with your ideal uni

Make your revision easier

Study Help rules and posting guidelines

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.