The Student Room Group

Should I see an gig alone!

So one of my favourite childhood bands have just announced a tour. I've asked people to come with me but they're all said no.

Ive asked my mum if I can go alone but I'm not convinced that she will say yes. I really want to go and see them.

Any advice?

Scroll to see replies

How old are you?

I've been going to gigs alone since I was 19 and I've never had a bad experience. With regards to safety, as long as you're street smart and you know the venue isn't in some notoriously dangerous area, then you should be fine. As for the social awkwardness of being alone, yeah it'd probably be a bit more fun going with someone, but it's no big deal really since you're just gonna concentrate on seeing the band play, which should be enough fun in itself :biggrin:. And if anything, maybe you'll even meet people there to hang out with, like I have before on a couple of occasions :smile:
I've been to gigs alone, cinema trips alone - I went and watched 90% of the bands I saw at Leeds two years ago alone as the rest of my camp were intent on getting baked for the entire weekend and doing very little else - it's fine. You get to stand where you want, it's sweet. You'll be fine, don't worry.
Just go, I went to a couple gigs alone when I was younger and had a great time. When I went with friends I usually ended up losing everyone anyway!
I turned 21 in June. It's a gig locally to me in sheffield I know the area quite well and the arena well. I just need to convince my mum.
Original post by Gemma picken
I turned 21 in June. It's a gig locally to me in sheffield I know the area quite well and the arena well. I just need to convince my mum.

Oh OK. Not wanting to sound rude or anything, but why do you need to convince your mum? I stopped asking permission from my parents to go out anywhere when I was somewhere in my early to mid teens. Is she concerned for your safety, or do you just need money from her?
No I have the money to go see them. She just thinks it's weird I want to go alone. No idea why probably because shes protective of her daughter
... Is it s club 7? :tongue:
She said I will talk to her tomorrow about it so fingers crossed!
Original post by abbiemac
... Is it s club 7? :tongue:

Yes it is :-)
Original post by Gemma picken
Yes it is :-)

Haha, well yes you can go to a gig on your ow , it'll be fun! :biggrin: you might also meet new people:smile:
Alone is the best way. You can stand where you like. Move to the front whenever you like, wander off whenever you like. Pretty much every gig I go to I end up ditching my mates :biggrin:
Original post by abbiemac
Haha, well yes you can go to a gig on your ow , it'll be fun! :biggrin: you might also meet new people:smile:

I know I'm at an age now that I want to do things on my own and since no friends want to come I might do it. I was a massive fan when I was younger and still am :-)
I went to Kate Bush alone and had a great time. Everyone there is there for the same thing as you and you get chatting to others there as well. Just go! You'll enjoy it! :smile:
Bed super tired I'll keep you posted tomorrow :-) fingers crossed
Even if your mum isn't keen on the idea, I think you should just go anyway. You're an adult so you can do what you want. I've been on big travelling trips across the world without my parents being fully pleased with it, but I'm an adult so they couldn't stop me. Remember, it's your life, no one else's.
I know I've wanted to see them for a while. They were my fav childhood bands :-) yeah I know I'm gonna do it
Knew this would be S club 7 related. Do it!! They will be amazing haha

Posted from TSR Mobile
Haha yipee good news she said I can go.

Just at looking at booking the tickets any good agents I filled my details with gigs and tours but I couldn't buy the tickets
Just booked the ticket with gigs and tours they any good?

Quick Reply

Latest