The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Cambridge colleges tend to invite most applicants for interview.
Christ's acknowledges applications quite quickly - so expect something in October. They will send you a form with dates from mid November to pre Christmas and ask you to mark the dates when you are not available. I think most interviews are late November/early December.
Reply 2
Well, I'm in Canada, so I'll probably have to wait a bit longer, but that's good to know. I hope that I can get a descision from Cambridge before I apply elsewhere in North America.
Reply 3
If you're accepted or rejected straight out after interview, they time the letters to arrive in the UK on/around New Years' Eve, so yours will probably come a week or so after that. If you're pooled you'll probably be rung so that they can arrange another interview in January or an interview over the phone, then will know a few days after that.
Reply 4
I've applied to Christ's as well menzoberranzen. Good to hear that they acknowledge applications quickly. Having just sent off my application, it's weird to think that it could be my future home!
Reply 5
do they really interview most applicants? i was told by a teacher that for law and medicine they might not necessarily interview most applicants due to the sheer number of applicants. but for a small college that gets around 30 to 40 applicants for law would they interview most of them?
Reply 6
lizzieD
do they really interview most applicants? i was told by a teacher that for law and medicine they might not necessarily interview most applicants due to the sheer number of applicants. but for a small college that gets around 30 to 40 applicants for law would they interview most of them?

Cambridge still do, I believe, although Oxford are beginning to use the BMAT/LNAT to select for interview.

I would expect (though I'm not sure) that they might wait until after Oct 15th to send out interview dates, so they can know exactly how many applicants they've got and so on. Could be wrong though.
Reply 7
Yay, someone else is applying to Christ's. I'm surprised that its not more popular given its well-rounded stats and stuff...

Anyway, I'm glad that they respond soon and I want to read for Natsci, so the BMAT/LNAT aren't going to affect me.
Reply 8
I'm applying to Christ's for medicine. What are you applying for Jerby?
Reply 9
I'm not jerby, but I applied for NatSci (physical)
Reply 10
I'm applying for history. The faculty is first-class and the DoS at Christ's seemed really friendly; it would be my dream to get in!
Reply 11
This thread is infested with Christ's applicants... woot! :biggrin:
Reply 12
I'm applying for Physics NatSci at Christ's as well.
Reply 13
Cool, I hope we're all being seeing each other this time next year, that's all I can say.
Reply 14
Anyone knows what dates the interviews for Med students are likely to be?
It mentions vaguely that all uni. interviews will be around late November to early December, but that doesn't say much since I may have so many clashes then.
~cheers~
Jerby
Cool, I hope we're all being seeing each other this time next year, that's all I can say.

Yup me too
I've become way to obsessed with Cambridge and the international fees are brutal so even if they give me an unconditional offer(haha, yeah right) I still might be able to go.
Reply 16
I'm not jerby, but I applied for NatSci (physical)

hehe, I read above that you were applying for NatSci. Just wondering if there were any more people applying for medicine. :smile:
Sorry, I'd totally forgotten that I'd posted my subject. *hits self*
I didn't want to start a new topic, but YAY, I got an interview with Christ's!!!
Reply 19
Really? The College were very efficient with me - just got a letter and a sheet asking for dates I'm avaliable, but obviously I don't know I've got one yet. How come you know now? Is it because you're an international and you need more time to plan etc?

Latest

Trending

Trending