The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Ah I love Newcastle, my blokes there doing his MA so i go up to visit him and I absolutely love it. Durham is just....bleurgh (yes thats my professional opinion :biggrin:).

In terms of interview scores, a 6 actually isnt bad. when i was pooled the first year my scores were 8.5,8,7 (in that order, guess where the ME kicked in lol) but then again you cant really tell what you get. As long as you enjoyed your interviews and got a lot out of them (even if you didnt necessarily feel you did fantastically, then it went ok. That doesnt mean they'll let you in, but its good to feel that you got something out of it, because it is so similar to a supervision. ARGH im rambling again.

Good luck everyone for next week - Im just disappointed theres a distinct lack of Pembrokians on this forum!!
spunkym0nkey
Yeah did it 4 DofE last year and really enjoyed it so have kept it on (only once a fortnight [used to be once a week but again lazy:p: ]). But like the idea of going on proper outdoor climbing. :smile:

Ah cool :smile: I climb as often as I can (once or twice a week) but I'm very dependent on finding friends to give me a lift :frown:
I can speak from experience of being rejected from Cambridge - all Christmas, I couldn't stop dreaming about getting letters from them, and in the end, I didn't get in. I know it's horrible waiting, I was a nervous wreck this time last year. But you need to keep in mind that if you get rejected, it's not the be all and end all, and it's no indication of your ability or intelligence whatsoever. A lot of it is based on personal preference, so you might not get in because they're not too keen on you. For one or two days after you get the letter, it will be all you can think about, and then it will fade. I remember the day I got the letter, I was out, and my mum opened it, and she was in a worse state than me! Within half an hour, I was weighing up the pros and cons of all my other offers, and answered them within a week. Just look at the whole experience, regardless of whether or not you get an offer, as a good life experience - how many people can say they even got an INTERVIEW? You've done well to get that far.
If anyone gets rejected, and needs to talk about it, please don't hesitate to PM me, or add me on MSN, I would be more than willing to cheer anyone up, having been in that boat myself.
fanofkdc
If anyone gets rejected, and needs to talk about it, please don't hesitate to PM me, or add me on MSN, I would be more than willing to cheer anyone up, having been in that boat myself.

Awww, that's so nice. I may well take you up on that.
Reply 1044
-x-Nina-x-

How'd you actually find out your scores? :confused:
Reply 1045
Lottie
How'd you actually find out your scores? :confused:

Maybe the scores are on the feedback you can request? Im not sure
Reply 1046
tomdav
Maybe the scores are on the feedback you can request? Im not sure

Posts in other threads (by Solemn Wanderer... or whatever he's called... I imagine) would suggest you don't get such detail. However since Nina's there now it probably just came up in a conversation with her DoS...

EDIT: Just noticed those scores were from the first year rather than the year she got in, so I don't know how likely my DoS suggestion is.
Reply 1047
ahhh. anyone completely petrified that we'll all be hearing from cambridge SO soon?? :s-smilie::s-smilie::s-smilie::s-smilie: it all seems sooo surreal.
yup i am, though its better if it got over fast, and there's enough time for people to move on from the shock or surprise.....
I am as well, I'm trying very hard not to count off the days.

Latest

Trending

Trending