ranz
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 years ago
Hii,

Last year I did my AS biology with Edexcel SNAB at school, however this year I am a private candidate and continuing with Biology onto A2, however I cannot find any centres that do Edexcel SNAB. So my questions is is it possible to transfer from Edexcel SNAB to regular Edexcel onto A2?

Aren't SNAB and regular Edexcel the same thing anyway?

I emailed Edexcel-Pearson, and they said it is possible but they're not entirely sure.

Pleaseee HELPPP, or gimme some advice on what to do.

Thanksss xoxox
have a fabb day
Compost
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by ranz)
Hii,

Last year I did my AS biology with Edexcel SNAB at school, however this year I am a private candidate and continuing with Biology onto A2, however I cannot find any centres that do Edexcel SNAB. So my questions is is it possible to transfer from Edexcel SNAB to regular Edexcel onto A2?

Aren't SNAB and regular Edexcel the same thing anyway?

I emailed Edexcel-Pearson, and they said it is possible but they're not entirely sure.
I've checked the rules (http://www.jcq.org.uk/exams-office/e...ents-2014-2015) and it says:
Biology
AQA, CCEA, Edexcel, OCR and WJEC
• All transfers are acceptable

So you should be OK but you always have to apply for a transfer of credit - see the link for how (it has to be done by your new exams centre). The deadline for applying was 21 October so you'd better find a centre ASAP and try and make a late request.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you travelling in the Uni student travel window (3-9 Dec) to go home for Christmas?

Yes (120)
28.3%
No - I have already returned home (57)
13.44%
No - I plan on travelling outside these dates (83)
19.58%
No - I'm staying at my term time address over Christmas (40)
9.43%
No - I live at home during term anyway (124)
29.25%

Watched Threads