MaGeehkaal
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 years ago
i was given a Cobb-douglas production function Q(K,L)= 40k^0.8L^0.2 where K is the number of units of capital and L the number of units of labour required to produce Q units of the product.

Each unit of capital cost $60 and each unit of labour cost $120 , it is also stated that $1,200,000 is budgeted for production of the product.

how can i find when production will be maximized solving for K and L?
josh_v
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Its been 2 years since I've done this, so may be wildly incorrect but I believe you do the following:

Create your budget constraint given that you know the cost of capital, labour and the total amount budgeted.

Use this to create your lagrange equation.

Partially differentiate w.r.t K and L.

Equate these two equations and get a value for either K or L. You can then use this to find the value of the other.

Once you have values of K and L, you use this to find Q.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you think receiving Teacher Assessed Grades will impact your future?

I'm worried it will negatively impact me getting into university/college (191)
43.91%
I'm worried that I’m not academically prepared for the next stage in my educational journey (49)
11.26%
I'm worried it will impact my future career (33)
7.59%
I'm worried that my grades will be seen as ‘lesser’ because I didn’t take exams (91)
20.92%
I don’t think that receiving these grades will impact my future (46)
10.57%
I think that receiving these grades will affect me in another way (let us know in the discussion!) (25)
5.75%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise