What is Primary Education with QTS course like at BCU?

University Navigation

ReputationRep:
    Thanks for clarifying LouiseRoche, regarding the group discussions !

ReputationRep:
    Anishakaur2918, that's great, all the best !

ReputationRep:
    This is the information I have been given regarding the interview. The selection daywill be in two parts. Part One will include the following assessments:

1. A Curriculum Knowledge Test
    · Thiswill assess the breadth of knowledge that the government and the universityacknowledge is vital for primary teachers who teach across the curriculum.
    · All questions relate either directly or indirectlyto Primary Education and the National Curriculum for Key Stages 1 & 2.
    · The test covers a wide range of areas of thecurriculum including mathematics, English, science, geography, history, music,art, PE and RE.

2. A group discussion
    This will assess understanding of some issues surroundingprimary education and the challenges and rewards of working with children. Thiswill also assess communication and interpersonal skills. In preparation forthis task candidates would find it useful to be familiar with the Teachers’Standards (DfE 2012).

3. A self-evaluation task
    This will assess the ability to recognise strengths andweaknesses and to set realistic targets. This will also assess written English.

ReputationRep:
    I am very confused now. It feels as if the information given to me for my interview is very different from everyone else....freaking out ! Any help would be really appreciated :confused:. Did anyone do any of these tasks for their interview? Thank you

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Student.G)
    I am very confused now. It feels as if the information given to me for my interview is very different from everyone else....freaking out ! Any help would be really appreciated :confused:. Did anyone do any of these tasks for their interview? Thank you
    I was interviewed for the primary education BA honours...if that helps not sure if anybody else has applied for this...sorry if I've been talking about the wrong thing for anyone haha

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LouiseRoche)
    How long did it take for them to get back to you with an offer?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    About two weeks.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Student.G)
    Anishakaur2918, that's great, all the best !
    Awwh thank you. You too

ReputationRep:
    Hey guys! If you don't mind me asking, what experience do you have? As in key stage 1 or 2? I have completed key stage one placement in year 1 and 2. I have received a form to fill out online to let them know about my work experience .g. what key stage I've done. Would you say it matters a lot if I haven't done key stage 2? I have got placement in key stage 2 at my little brother school just in case.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by anishakaur2918)
    Thank you soo much! By the way I have undertaken a year placement in a Primary School. I do two days a week in a year 2 class. I have also done two weeks in a year 1 class. I'm not sure if I've got enough experience, how much experience have you done?
    Hi..If you don't mind me asking, what course/subjects are you doing?

ReputationRep:
    Got a conditional offer for Primary education...over the moon!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Hiya! I've got an interview on Tuesday and I'm terrified! What sort of objects did people use for the group discussions and what did they say about them? I have a few ideas but don't want to be too obscure compared to other people!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    hey WHAT TYPE OF BOOKS DO YOU TAKE AND HOW DO YOU PRESENT THE GRoup task?? :/ please help

and btw congrats

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by glitzy08)
    hey WHAT TYPE OF BOOKS DO YOU TAKE AND HOW DO YOU PRESENT THE GRoup task?? :/ please help

and btw congrats
    I took a mini white board when I presented mine we just sat round a table it was really relaxed not too scary

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sophie_emma96)
    Hiya! I've got an interview on Tuesday and I'm terrified! What sort of objects did people use for the group discussions and what did they say about them? I have a few ideas but don't want to be too obscure compared to other people!

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I used a mini white board and said:
    What subject it related too
    What ages it was suitable for
    Why it would benefit the teacher

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I used a mini white board and said:
    What subject it related too
    What ages it was suitable for
    Why it would benefit the teacher

Posted from TSR Mobile
    oh that doesnt seem that difficult
    but on my interview letter it says bring a book or artefact? hmmm i hope i dont have to read it as if im reading to like a 6 year old

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by glitzy08)
    oh that doesnt seem that difficult
    but on my interview letter it says bring a book or artefact? hmmm i hope i dont have to read it as if im reading to like a 6 year old
    Oh yeah it says that just bring in whatever you like dw you don't have to read the book haha, good luck!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    BCU anyone's first choice?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    BCU anyone's first choice?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    oh okay thanks!

and yeah BCU is my first choice 'cause iwanna stay local... so hopefully i get an offer!

i think my 2nd choice would be Derby or Northampton

ReputationRep:
    Guys I'm so so confused! I have an interview date for March and in the documents they give, they ask for me to have booked an ITT skills test of some sort? And they will give an additional english/math test on the day too?

How/when did you guys do the professional skills test?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by zobia63)
    Guys I'm so so confused! I have an interview date for March and in the documents they give, they ask for me to have booked an ITT skills test of some sort? And they will give an additional english/math test on the day too?

How/when did you guys do the professional skills test?
    I got my mom to book mine for me, got it booked for the 7th march, in the documents I think there should be a link to the site you can book them on

Posted from TSR Mobile

Write a reply… Reply
Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. Oops, you need to agree to our Ts&Cs to register
  2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: March 3, 2017
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Poll
Electronic notes or handwritten notes?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.