The Student Room Group

Would Birmingham give me an offer?

Hey guys, this is just a quick question for entry in 2017 - I know it's early but I'm choosing my A-Levels at the moment and because of the change no AS Levels exist (very limited) so this means I can't drop one at the end of Yr 12. So I think I'm picking 3, (Chem, Bio & History) would they give me an offer if I got A*, A, A to compensate for the AS or would they completely rule me out because I don't have it.. or will their entry requirements change to 3? If someone could help me as I am to apply for Birmingham as it's close to home so I'm aiming for Birmingham's entry requirements. It'd be great if anyone could help me out, thanks guys☺️

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 1
The entry requirements will change for when A levels change most likely, there is no way to tell at the moment how many A levels they would ask for but it is unlikely that they would change from what they ask for at the moment
Reply 2
Original post by aligee_
Hey guys, this is just a quick question for entry in 2017 - I know it's early but I'm choosing my A-Levels at the moment and because of the change no AS Levels exist (very limited) so this means I can't drop one at the end of Yr 12. So I think I'm picking 3, (Chem, Bio & History) would they give me an offer if I got A*, A, A to compensate for the AS or would they completely rule me out because I don't have it.. or will their entry requirements change to 3? If someone could help me as I am to apply for Birmingham as it's close to home so I'm aiming for Birmingham's entry requirements. It'd be great if anyone could help me out, thanks guys☺️

Posted from TSR Mobile

Literally ONLY Birmingham would be able to give you a legitimate answer i'm afraid buddy :/ ...there's a lot more to it than grades. Best of luck though.
Reply 3
Original post by Kartace
Literally ONLY Birmingham would be able to give you a legitimate answer i'm afraid buddy :/ ...there's a lot more to it than grades. Best of luck though.

Thanks, I think I'm going to phone them up and ask. Thanks again:biggrin:

Quick Reply

Latest