Ocr g483 Watch

Super199
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
So I am doing my quantitive task on Monday and I think it's on moments. With the last question when it says justify the amount of sig figs for 'x' what do you write that will give you the mark. Also for the line of best fit how does that work, like what is the leniency.

Another question. Say if you were to get 20/20 on this section but slip up on the evaluative. Can you retake just the evaluative section or do you have to retake all three sections.
Mr M
  • Community Assistant
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Super199)
So I am doing my quantitive task on Monday and I think it's on moments. With the last question when it says justify the amount of sig figs for 'x' what do you write that will give you the mark. Also for the line of best fit how does that work, like what is the leniency.

Another question. Say if you were to get 20/20 on this section but slip up on the evaluative. Can you retake just the evaluative section or do you have to retake all three sections.
There is no point using more significant figures in your calculations than appeared in your measurements.

You could calculate the exact position of the line of best fit using regression. If you don't know how to do that you might be interested to know it should pass through a point with the coordinates (mean of all of the x values, mean of all of the y values).
Super199
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
(Original post by Mr M)
There is no point using more significant figures in your calculations than appeared in your measurements.

You could calculate the exact position of the line of best fit using regression. If you don't know how to do that you might be interested to know it should pass through a point with the coordinates (mean of all of the x values, mean of all of the y values).
Doesn't the fx-991es plus work out the values for the regression line. Doing it manually might be a waste of time for 2 marks. Right completely off topic but roughly what is the A* raw mark for C3/C4 on OCR? There doesn't seem to be a massive spreadsheet like edexcel.
Mr M
  • Community Assistant
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Super199)
Doesn't the fx-991es plus work out the values for the regression line. Doing it manually might be a waste of time for 2 marks. Right completely off topic but roughly what is the A* raw mark for C3/C4 on OCR? There doesn't seem to be a massive spreadsheet like edexcel.
Yes you could use a calculator for regression.

Obviously it is roughly 90% for A*. You will have to trawl through the OCR website to see how it fluctuates from year to year.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Edge Hill University
    Undergraduate and Postgraduate - Campus Tour Undergraduate
    Fri, 22 Mar '19
  • Birmingham City University
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 23 Mar '19
  • University of Bolton
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 23 Mar '19

Where do you need more help?

Which Uni should I go to? (109)
17.3%
How successful will I become if I take my planned subjects? (68)
10.79%
How happy will I be if I take this career? (110)
17.46%
How do I achieve my dream Uni placement? (92)
14.6%
What should I study to achieve my dream career? (63)
10%
How can I be the best version of myself? (188)
29.84%

Watched Threads