Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Do you ever get that feeling when you just want to do/shout out something really random just to see how people react? Or when you know you really shouldn't do something but you don't quite trust yourself not to do it? I suppose a prime example would be the laughing at a funeral thing, but I don't think many people do actually do that. I always found it difficult not to laugh in exams - it's such a bizarre situation, everybody in the room is thinking about the same thing but are forbidden to talk about it - I find it really amusing for some reason. Do you ever get that kind of feeling???

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Amb1)
    Do you ever get that feeling when you just want to do/shout out something really random just to see how people react? Or when you know you really shouldn't do something but you don't quite trust yourself not to do it? I suppose a prime example would be the laughing at a funeral thing, but I don't think many people do actually do that. I always found it difficult not to laugh in exams - it's such a bizarre situation, everybody in the room is thinking about the same thing but are forbidden to talk about it - I find it really amusing for some reason. Do you ever get that kind of feeling???
    Quite often. I find it amusing how some people can just stare at a TV screen for hours and hours without moving, so entertained by what they're seeing. It really does amaze me for no apparent reason. Also, like you said, in exams, sitting at the back watching other people with their heads hanging down, working like mad, or just sitting there because they're stuck, it just makes me smile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Fleff)
    Quite often. I find it amusing how some people can just stare at a TV screen for hours and hours without moving, so entertained by what they're seeing. It really does amaze me for no apparent reason. Also, like you said, in exams, sitting at the back watching other people with their heads hanging down, working like mad, or just sitting there because they're stuck, it just makes me smile
    yeah, it's quite surreal int it? I find it difficult to concentrate in exams though because you don't often get the opportunity to sit in a big room full of people, when nobody's talking. It's odd!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Amb1)
    Oh my gosh yes! I'm happy someone else has these urges as such? Mine can get really bad, I can think of some evil stuff.

I often think, you could just run over that little kid now, what would happen? Or what would happen if I threw a pie at the teacher, and by then I start laughing to myself.
    • Very Important Poster
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    PS Reviewer
    (Original post by piginapoke)
    Although I don't do things to see how people react, I sometimes do things for no other reason than to see if I can get away with it, like taking ridiculously long lunch breaks at work (3 hours in the pub), eating a packet of sweets or crisps while walking round a supermarket then paying for the empty packet, writing ridiculous answers to questions in exams that don't matter, or generally being obnoxious in exams (eating sweets usually).
    Are you sure you aren't me?

I like to open packets in the supermarket.

And I rearrange displays if they're likely to be in hubby's way (you'd be surprised how many shops don't realise how wide wheelchairs are).

I reset the password on all of the palmtops in PC world to "arse" - they were like that for months before the staff realised that noone could get access to them and had to reset the things....one day I found they'd set the passwords themselves.

In fact I tend to do quite a lot of things in PC World to get a reaction - I'll often start "accidentally" knocking boxed up printers onto the floor if I want attention from a staff member - or cutting through the packing tape to open up the box and see what's inside - or muttering loudly behing the sales person as they try to sell an overspecced peice of crap to a little old lady who wants to send emails to her rgand daughter etc etc etc...

I'm surprised they haven't chucked me out come to think of it....

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by happysunshine)
    Oh my gosh yes! I'm happy someone else has these urges as such? Mine can get really bad, I can think of some evil stuff.

I often think, you could just run over that little kid now, what would happen? Or what would happen if I threw a pie at the teacher, and by then I start laughing to myself.
    The same as me!!! I sometimes just think, what would happen if I walked out of this class, right NOW. I never have though, I'm too scared of the consequences! :eek:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Pencil Queen)
    I reset the password on all of the palmtops in PC world to "arse" - they were like that for months before the staff realised that noone could get access to them and had to reset the things....one day I found they'd set the passwords themselves.
    You sound like an old school friend of mine! He always used to do stuff like that.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Fleff)
    The same as me!!! I sometimes just think, what would happen if I walked out of this class, right NOW. I never have though, I'm too scared of the consequences! :eek:
    YAY! Someone who thinks like me I think stuff like that too. Or "You could smack the teacher right now".

Or when I'm laid in bed, I'm like "I'm going to get up now", but never do :cool:

ReputationRep:
    YAY! Someone who thinks like me I think stuff like that too. Or "You could smack the teacher right now".

Or when I'm laid in bed, I'm like "I'm going to get up now", but never do :cool:
    That's sooooo weird!! For me it's normally the walking out of class thing, or "what would they do if I hit them in the face?"
    Although it starts scaring me when it gets to be more sinister :eek:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Fleff)
    That's sooooo weird!! For me it's normally the walking out of class thing, or "what would they do if I hit them in the face?"
    Yep, or disrupting the class

Sinister? I often think, I could knife you all now. But obviously wouldn't, but could. I guess that's having self-control.

ReputationRep:
    Yep, or disrupting the class

Sinister? I often think, I could knife you all now. But obviously wouldn't, but could. I guess that's having self-control.
    I hope you never lose your self control.

My sinister thoughts mainly revolve around, "that would be a good place to hide a dead body" and then considering who's body I would put there...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Fleff)
    I hope you never lose your self control.

My sinister thoughts mainly revolve around, "that would be a good place to hide a dead body" and then considering who's body I would put there...
    Never. It's knowing you can which is always exciting

Ouch! I hope you don't lose control either

ReputationRep:
    Ouch! I hope you don't lose control either
    You're safe! Don't worry! I promise if I ever go on a murderous rampage around the world I'll leave you out...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Fleff)
    Oooh...I know that feeling - it is a bit scary "when it starts to get more sinister". Like sometimes I'll be going down the stairs in school, and for a split second I'll imagine myself pushing the person in front of me, and then I wonder where on earth that thought came from, because there's no actual reason for it. I sincerely hope I would never actually be capable of doing something like that *grin(?)*

I also have a weird thing about wanting to drop my keys into gutters, or into rivers (or any place I wouldn't be able to get them back out of really)....I'll be playing with them in my pocket, and then have this sudden urge to chuck them in the water, and then really have to control myself, because...well, because I need my keys to get into my house basically. How silly is that :rolleyes: ?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by shilling)
    Oooh...I know that feeling - it is a bit scary "when it starts to get more sinister". Like sometimes I'll be going down the stairs in school, and for a split second I'll imagine myself pushing the person in front of me, and then I wonder where on earth that thought came from, because there's no actual reason for it. I sincerely hope I would never actually be capable of doing something like that *grin(?)*

I also have a weird thing about wanting to drop my keys into gutters, or into rivers (or any place I wouldn't be able to get them back out of really)....I'll be playing with them in my pocket, and then have this sudden urge to chuck them in the water, and then really have to control myself, because...well, because I need my keys to get into my house basically. How silly is that :rolleyes: ?
    ooooh, freaky! Ever thought about running away? Just catching a train or a bus to some far away place? I've had that thought a few times! Random thoughts pop into my head about hitting someone, and then just standing there, taking whatever they do back to me, it's weird! As if I've lost all my cares... Then I sort of jump back to reality and realise I'd never do it!

ReputationRep:
    yea totally get ya

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Amb1)
    All the time! I especially know what you mean about laughing in exams. Sometimes I've coughed or dropped a pen or something, just to make a sound.

Oops, got to go now... spent too much time talking about trees earlier when I should have been working ... this place is probably responsible for so many grade drops... bye!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Amb1)
    Lol, I'm with you on the exam thing. While everyone'd have their heads down, writing furiously, I'd be looking around the room in amusement at seeing 200 or so pairs of eyes all blinking together. Blink blink blink blink, it kept me occupied for ages. I also feel an irresistible urge to laugh during one minute silences-it's not that I don't care, it's just the tense atmosphere and the forced silence that gets me all giggly. Sometimes at work, on on the train, I get the urge to stand up and start singing but never have the guts to. I find this suppressed side of me is immediately unleashed after a few shots of Baileys(&ice)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by shilling)
    I get that too, like when I'm standing on a bridge with my mobile in my hand I get really tempted to just throw it down. Or I light matches and blankly stare at it moving along the stick, until I can feel the heat, when I blow it out just in time. I'm hoping this is normal-I'm really starting to scare myself now

ReputationRep:
    WEIRDOS.

Although I have done the herendously long lunchbreak thing at work...
    There was a pool table in the 'break' room and in a normal break you can squeeze about 2 games in, I played about 10 one day, nothing was ever said

Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.