The Student Room Group

Homework help

Hi Guys

I really need help on my Homework

the questions is that:
If beetroot disc come from different beetroot plant, how would it affect the experiment.
By The way: The experiment is how does temperature affects the permeability of the membrane

Any Help would be appreciated

Thank You Guys
Original post by Why me
Hi Guys

I really need help on my Homework

the questions is that:
If beetroot disc come from different beetroot plant, how would it affect the experiment.
By The way: The experiment is how does temperature affects the permeability of the membrane

Any Help would be appreciated

Thank You Guys

Different beetroot plants are grown in different conditions, such as the climate, nutrients the minerals in each beetroot plant. if the beetroot plant was grown in a poor conditions then it will have a low permeability due to the lack of resources etc. elaborate on this..:smile:
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 2
Original post by Megan_90
Different beetroot plants are grown in different conditions, such as the climate, nutrients the minerals in each beetroot plant. if the beetroot plant was grown in a poor conditions then it will have a low permeability due to the lack of resources etc. elaborate on this..:smile:

Thank You very much
also could you tell me if I could have this as one of my Limitation in the experiment
By the way My experiment was How does temperature affects the permeability of the membrane

There was subjective views, when the student was deciding the concentration of Betalain which has leaked out, due to the effect of Increasing Temperature

Thank You for all the help you have given me Much appreciated
Original post by Why me
Thank You very much
also could you tell me if I could have this as one of my Limitation in the experiment
By the way My experiment was How does temperature affects the permeability of the membrane

There was subjective views, when the student was deciding the concentration of Betalain which has leaked out, due to the effect of Increasing Temperature

Thank You for all the help you have given me Much appreciated

No problem :smile: yes you can use that as a limitation.
Yeah! So....The dark purple pigment leaks from the cut ends of the beetroot for a while and then stops. Plant cellsare surrounded by cellulose cell walls. When you cut through a piece of planttissue, you cut through some of the cell walls and rupture the cell contents.The pigment then leaks out. The fact that it does not continue to leak suggeststhat further cells are not being damaged. If the beetroot tissue is treated withincreasing temperatures, as the temperature rises, the phospholipid bilayer ofthe cell-surface membrane and the vacuole membrane will be disrupted. Thismeans that the vacuole contents will more readily leak into the water in thetest tube. The higher the temperature, the greater the disruption to the plasmamembranes and the more pigment will leak out. Also, thehigher the temperature, the greater the amount of pigment released from the tissues.
(edited 9 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending