The Student Room Group

GCSE History Source on the Manchurian Crisis

I'm really struggling with answering a GCSE History (AQA paper 1) source question It says:

For some years unpleasant incidents have taken place in the region of Manchuria where Japan has special trade interests and treaty rights. The area has been subject to the raids of Chinese bandits and in September a detachment of Chinese troops destroyed the tracks of the south Manchurian railway near Mukden and murdered Japanese guards. The Japanese army had to act swiftly to restore order. Written by the Japanese government.

I have to point out whether it is biased or not, what is accurate and reliable, what isn't accurate and reliable and an overall opinion. I'm not asking for people to do the work for me, but a few ideas and pointers would be really helpful.
Original post by DaisyTwilight
I'm really struggling with answering a GCSE History (AQA paper 1) source question It says:

For some years unpleasant incidents have taken place in the region of Manchuria where Japan has special trade interests and treaty rights. The area has been subject to the raids of Chinese bandits and in September a detachment of Chinese troops destroyed the tracks of the south Manchurian railway near Mukden and murdered Japanese guards. The Japanese army had to act swiftly to restore order. Written by the Japanese government.

I have to point out whether it is biased or not, what is accurate and reliable, what isn't accurate and reliable and an overall opinion. I'm not asking for people to do the work for me, but a few ideas and pointers would be really helpful.

Look who it's written by... That is a big clue. It may not seem biased but it's written by a government who are involved in the crisis.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending