The Student Room Group

Diagnostic Radiography Hours

Hi everyone :smile:

I've applied to study Diagnostic Radiography at Cardiff, and I was wondering if a current radiography student (Cardiff or elsewhere) would be able to help me out a bit.

What time do your earliest lectures start and what time do your latest lectures finish? Also, is the teaching generally quite regular and in blocks (what I mean by this is consecutive contact from 9-12 and 1-4, or something similar), or is it quite random and all over the place (something like 9-10, 12-1 and 5-6 one day, then a totally different timetable the next).

I suppose this might differ a lot between universities but I'd like to get a general idea. Thanks in advance to anyone who can help! :smile:
I'd also like to know this:colondollar:
Original post by abbalarr95
I'd also like to know this:colondollar:

Where are you applying? :smile:
Original post by daisychains92
Where are you applying? :smile:

Bangor, Cardiff, Derby, UWE and either Exeter or Suffolk. you?

Cardiff, UWE and Exeter. Hopefully someone will be able to answer our hours question soon :P
Cardiff, UWE and Exeter. Hopefully someone will be able to answer our hours question soon :P

Mind if I ask why you're applying to 3 instead of 5? I'm being nosey sorry :colondollar:
Hopefully yeah
Mind if I ask why you're applying to 3 instead of 5? I'm being nosey sorry :colondollar:
Hopefully yeah

Haha, it's not nosy at all! There just wasn't really anywhere else I wanted to go. The other unis that offer it are either too far away from home or not in a location that appeals to me.

I was considering applying to Canterbury but I'm from Wales so it'd be quite a trek, and I don't think my parents would be thrilled about having to drive that distance to pick me and all my crap up a couple of times a year :P
Haha, it's not nosy at all! There just wasn't really anywhere else I wanted to go. The other unis that offer it are either too far away from home or not in a location that appeals to me.

I was considering applying to Canterbury but I'm from Wales so it'd be quite a trek, and I don't think my parents would be thrilled about having to drive that distance to pick me and all my crap up a couple of times a year :P

I'm in a similar situation. I live in Wales too:biggrin: but I'm doing a BTEC course and I'm worried I won't get accepted into the uni's I want to go to so I've had to apply to places further away (Bangor and suffolk)

Ive applied at Bangor, Derby, Cardiff, Cumbria and Suffolk.

Not had any interview dates yet but only sent ucas off last week
Original post by lillystar26
Ive applied at Bangor, Derby, Cardiff, Cumbria and Suffolk.

Not had any interview dates yet but only sent ucas off last week

I finished, sent and paid for my ucas ages ago, I'm still waiting for my tutor to upload her reference and for the admin in my college to check it:frown: I applied to Leeds instead of Exeter/Suffolk.. it's closer to my family:smile:
Good luck with your application and everything, hope you get into your first choice

Quick Reply

Latest