The Student Room Group

HSPS MPhil Applicants

Hello all! POLIS MPhil applicant here. I know the HSPS department committee for graduate study met yesterday. Has anyone who applied before the November 20 department meeting noted an update to his/her CAMSIS applicant status? Mine still says "Under Consideration by Department," and I'm unsure if this indicates that:

(1.) my application has been deferred for review in January;
(2.) the committee was not not reviewing applications at this meeting; or
(3.) they reviewed applications but CAMSIS has yet to be updated.

So, current HSPS students: do you remember how long it took between the department committee meeting and your applicant status being updated?
Other HSPS MPhil applicants: any updates to your profiles?

Thank you, thank you!
Original post by livj23

There's no direct link between the date the degree committee meets and the date you hear results, so it is not worth stalking the dates obsessively. Very many alternative things can happen to an individual application, from an immediate yes or no, to being handed off to a potential Supervisor who has just the day before gone abroad to a conference for a week, then goes off on sabbatical for 6 more weeks, then reads your application and decides someone else would be a better Supervisor who can't login in to their email account and anyway your application ended in the spam folder so the department secretary has to remind them in 3 months time and then ........

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending